in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 2, 2016

ARC Review: Sacking the Quarterback by Samantha Towle


Sacking the Quarterback is a short standalone novella from Samantha Towle that is a part of James Patterson's BookShots. These are meant to be quick and easy reads that take only a few hours of time to finish. I have always struggled with novellas, because they usually leave me wanting more, and that was definitely the case here. As much as I wanted to love this one, there was just so much that it felt like this story was missing and that hurt my enjoyment a bit.

Grayson Knight has always been the golden boy of football, never getting into trouble and keeping his nose clean. So when Assistant State Attorney Melissa St. James gets sent to charge him after he is arrested for drugs, she knows that things aren't adding up. Determined to get to the truth, Melissa will stop at nothing to find answers. But while it is clear that Grayson is hiding something, the one thing that he isn't hiding is how much he wants her. 

I wanted to love Grayson and Melissa, but I found it hard to connect with them. I think part of that is the strong case of insta-feelings that was happening here. I just didn't see much of a connection between them, and it all felt a bit forced. They had chemistry and it was clear that they were attracted to one another, but I think things just happened way too fast to really find believable. 

Unfortunately, that was sort of the theme of this whole story for me. I didn't actually believe that any of what was happening was believable, and there were several times that I was shaking my head at things that would happen. I wanted to just let it go and enjoy the story, but it was hard to when things were so easily resolved and tied in such a neat bow. Sadly, this one didn't live up to the potential that it had, and I think that this could have been something I really enjoyed had I been able to actually believe what was happening could actually happen. But this one was just a little too much for that to be a possibility and I was pretty disappointed in the story overall.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 






0 comments :

Post a Comment