in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 2, 2017

ARC Review: The Do-Over by Julie A. Richman


I have really loved everything I have read from Julie A. Richman, but second chance love stories are some of my absolute favorites. When I read the blurb for The Do-Over, I knew I had to read it. Julie showed me once again why I love her books so much, as this story was one I couldn't put down. I really enjoyed it, and I think that readers are really going to love Wes and Tara's story! 

Wes and Tara met on a cruise ship, though they had both been circling the same scene for their entire lives. When they met though, they both knew that there was a connection there unlike any they had felt before. But circumstances had them going their separate ways. Years go by and having recently divorced, Tara decided to move forward with her life. After a string of bad dates though, she finds herself having a fling, something she never thought that she would do. But when Tara realizes that her fling happens to be a big shot for her company's newest client, she never expects that that same company's CEO is none other than Wes. Now years later, they are once again thrust back into each other's lives, but could they possibly have another chance at what could have been, or will there still be too many obstacles standing in their way? 

I love Julie's books because they are always so honest, heartfelt and genuine. Her characters feel so real and true to life. I felt that so much here with Wes and Tara. They had so much between them, yet time and circumstances were not always on their side. I really felt emotionally connected to them, because sometimes in real life that is a huge factor in if a relationship can work and it was obvious that these two were victims of that. They were perfect for one another, with off the charts chemistry and a strong bond. I was rooting for them right from the start, and I knew that they belonged together. 

This journey had it's ups and downs, but I loved being along for the ride. Things weren't easy for these two, and there was so much more to them than you might first think. I loved the secondary characters, which wasn't a surprise as Julie's books always have such a rich cast of characters, The Do-Over being no different. Each character had a purpose, without which the story wouldn't have been complete. This book was deep and emotional, yet funny and heartwarming. I really enjoyed it and I think that if you like second chance romance stories this is definitely one you are going to want to check out. I am a huge fan of Julie Richman, and I am looking forward to seeing what she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment