in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 4, 2017

ARC Review: Enrage by Rachel Van Dyken


I have loved the Eagle Elite series by Rachel Van Dyken since the moment I first started it. It has been a series that has continued for several books and never once disappointed me. Instead of losing steam like some do, this series has continued to get better and better, with each book being just as epic as the previous one. While this book can technically be read as a standalone, I wouldn't recommend it. Not only is the entire series worth the read, but I think that you might be a bit overwhelmed if you try and jump in here without the full backstory from the previous novels. 

As the Nicolasi heir, Dante has been taken under the wing of the bosses for training. While Dante hates the world and family that he is a part of, he also wants revenge. El was rescued from the Russians by the Italians and is now under their protection. They are sent to Eagle Elite with Dante as her protector. The pull between them becomes hard for them to fight, but Dante also knows that the person El most needs protection from could be himself. 

I really liked these two for one another. The connection and chemistry between them was so strong, and I felt like they were such a good fit. El had been through a lot, and while Dante had darkness he was also impossible for me to dislike. He did some things that drove me nuts and I hated how he was with El at first. He viewed her as the enemy, but luckily Dante was able to redeem himself here. El had been a pawn for so long and it was nice to see her finally being wanted for who she was really and not just for what having her meant. 

Overall, this book was so good. I don't want to go into details and spoil what happens, though I know that there are those out there that will seek them out. I honestly never expected where this story went though, and I am glad that I just went into this one blind. I will say that while I did see things throughout this story leading to something big, it didn't make it any easier to read it when it happened. My heart breaks for a character that I have loved since the beginning and I need the next book to see what happens now. I know it won't be easy, but I trust that Rachel has a plan. If you have read this series from the start like I have, this book was so much fun to read because it really felt like we were back in beginning with the return to Eagle Elite and the power struggles going on. It was like returning home after being gone for awhile, and I loved getting back to everything I first fell in love with about Eagle Elite while also getting the next chapter in this epic saga. I seriously cannot recommend this series enough. It is one of my all time favorites and these books are ones that I could read over and over again without ever getting sick of them.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment