in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 12, 2017

ARC Review: From This Moment by Melanie Harlow


I am a huge Melanie Harlow fan, so I pretty much don't even read blurbs anymore when it comes to her. I just add it to my TBR, because I know I will be reading it. I really liked From This Moment and she yet again delivered a sweet and sexy as well as emotional story that I didn't want to put down. She never disappoints, and this is one I think readers are going to love.

After losing her husband, Hannah begins to piece her life back together in order to be the best mom she can be to her young daughter. She gets a new job and has family and friends to rely on. But when her late husband's twin brother moves back to town, all she can see is the future that she won't have. Wes and Hannah find themselves drawn to one another though, and soon grief and understanding becomes want and desire. As hard as they try to fight the pull between them, they find themselves giving in and soon they have to decide if the chance at love and a future together is worth risking everything for.

I liked both Wes and Hannah. They each understood loss and grief and knew what it was like to feel torn about their feelings. Wes was sweet and perfect for Hannah, and I loved that he was different from his brother. Wes is honestly the man Hannah should have been with all along, and I felt bad for him. He was a bit more shy and it was great to see him finally coming clean about his feelings and taking that step. Hannah was a great mom and I loved that she put her daughter first. I don't know how she put up with some of what she did and how she moved forward after an incident that she did, but she was a better woman than I would have been in her shoes. These two had great chemistry and a clear connection and I really liked them together.

Overall, this was another great read from Melanie Harlow. I liked the characters and the story. I was drawn in right away and didn't want to stop reading. There was one thing that I had a bit of an issue with, and honestly it is probably something that just gets to me personally. I don't want to spoil anything, but it seems like there is something authors tend to do when there is a dead spouse and it drives me nuts, I was hoping she wouldn't go there here but she did. I will say things went a bit differently than it usually does with that, but I still didn't love that she went there. Other than that though, this was really good and Melanie Harlow is still one of my favorites. I can't wait to see what she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |




0 comments :

Post a Comment