in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

ARC Review: The High Road by Lauren Runow


The High Road by Lauren Runow is a short and sexy novella that was previously published in the Secret Affair Anthology. This is a standalone story and a great read if you are needing something quick. I have read a few of Lauren's books now, and have really enjoyed each one. The High Road was no different and I think readers will enjoy it like I did.

Jenelle was used to living her life by following the rules and putting on a fake smile when she needs to. But when she learns that her boyfriend has been cheating on her, she decides to go out with her friend and live a little. When she meets Alex though, he changes everything and she soon finds herself living a life she was missing before. But what he didn't mention was that he is actually her subordinate and a relationship between them is forbidden.

I really liked Jenelle and Alex. Jenelle was straight-laced, yet you could tell there was more to her. She just needed to find the right person that she could be herself with. Alex had a lot to overcome and learning about his past had me feeling so much for him. I liked him and Jenelle together, and though it was supposed to be something quick for them it was obvious that there was so much more happening. They had great chemistry and a connection that was natural and easy to believe in. 

Overall, this was a really good quick and sexy read. It was also just a good story and I found it easy to believe in the relationship which can sometimes be hard with a novella. I liked the characters a lot and I think that contemporary fans will as well. I look forward to more from Lauren Runow in the future.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon |




0 comments :

Post a Comment