in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 19, 2017

ARC Review: In Too Deep by Jordan Marie


I have never read anything by Jordan Marie before, but the blurb for In Too Deep was one that called to me as soon as I read it. I love a good enemies to lovers story, so this one sounded really good. Unfortunately though, this one just didn't work for me at all and I ended up throwing in the towel at 30%. 

Aden is looking to get away from Hollywood and all that comes with being a star in California. So when his friend sets him up with a hotel in a small town in Idaho, he jumps at the chance to get out. But when Aden shows up and meets his friend's cousin that owns the hotel, things get off on the wrong foot quickly. Hope does everything she can to get rid of him, but reluctantly agrees to let him stay knowing that she needs the money he offers her. But when she saves his life and says she is his wife so that the hospital will inform her on how he is, she never expects that he will believe her too!

I'll be honest here, Aden is the main reason I quit reading. This guy is an absolute jerk and what's worse is that he knows it! He is constantly saying the most horrible things to Hope and even as he does he admits to himself that he is being terrible. Yet he never apologizes and just keeps on saying and doing horrible things! I just couldn't keep going on because I just couldn't see any redeeming qualities for someone who is so burnt out on the way things are in California, yet he continues to be an asshole and act just like them. Talk about a judgmental hypocrite. I also couldn't really relate to Hope. It wasn't that I didn't like her, I just felt indifferent towards her. I wasn't feeling any chemistry between them and at 30% in I just felt like I wasn't going to believe in any kind of connection between them in the future. 

Overall, this one was just a miss for me and I had to give up. I think that there are readers out there that will enjoy this one and if it sounds like one you might like you might give it a shot. For me though it just didn't work and I don't know that I will read more from this author in the future. 

**ARC Provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes




0 comments :

Post a Comment