in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 20, 2017

ARC Review: Maverick by Karina Halle


I'll be honest, after reading the first North Ridge book I really wanted Fox and Del's story. But I was also really curious about Mav and Karina Halle definitely didn't disappoint. This book was so good and I couldn't put it down. I loved it even more than the first book in the series, and I really enjoyed that one! This series is shaping up to be one of my favorites from Karina yet! 

John Maverick Nelson is the leader of a search and rescue team and is used to putting his life on the line for others. But when it comes to relationships and commitment, he prefers to stay away from them. He loves women, but prefers to keep it strictly casual. When he meets Riley Clarke though, he finds himself tempted for more. The only problem is that Riley is off-limits as the newest member of his team according to a no fraternization rule that could have one or both of them losing their jobs. Riley wants Maverick just as badly though, and the chemistry between them becomes harder to fight the more time they spend together. 

I loved these two so much. Mav was sexy and there was so much more to him than you first see. I really liked what a good guy he was and straightforward he was. Riley was one of my favorite heroines that I have ever read. She was seriously awesome, strong and confident and unafraid to go after what she wanted. She wasn't afraid to admit that she liked sex and could have it without needing more. She wasn't afraid to risk her own life for others and work in a field that few women do. And I absolutely loved seeing her flirt with Mav and push his boundaries, knowing that he wanted her just as much. She was feisty and I just really enjoyed reading about her. These two had smoking hot chemistry and the connection between them just continued to grow the more they got to know one another and it felt very real and genuine.

Honestly, this was one of my favorite books I have read from Karina. I have loved everything I've read from her, but this book I just couldn't get enough of. I think a lot of that was that not only was the story really great, but the characters were just so much fun to read about and I felt so connected to them. They are unique and special and I didn't want their story to end. I definitely can't wait for Fox and Del's book next. This series is such that each book can be read as a standalone. I have enjoyed both books though and I would suggest reading them in order if possible, even though you don't need to. Trust me you won't want to miss out on any of these characters and this captivating world that Karina Halle has created.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment