in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 26, 2018

Review: Intent by A.D. Justice


I had never read a book by A.D. Justice before reading Intent, so I didn't really know what to expect. I saw some reviews for this one though and people were loving it so I decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately, I really struggled to even finish this book and didn't love it like others seemed to. 

When Layne catches her boyfriend and best friend together, her boss and mentor loans her her cabin away from town to take some time away. When she meets local Ace Sharp, things get off to a rough start, though Ace's daughter instantly takes to Layne. But soon Ace and Layne find themselves warming up to one another. Just as things are turning around for them, the past returns and threatens to destroy everything.

I liked Ace and Layne together. After Ace got over himself pretty quickly, I felt like these two were good for one another. Their connection was strong and easy to see. I loved his daughter and how she took to Layne. They had chemistry and were really sweet together. I will say though that when it came to some of the characters in this story, I though that this one was a mess! Without spoiling anything, there were some things that were unbelievable and were just over the top crazy. I couldn't believe that a specific character allowed things to happen that could have changed so much and I found her excuse for allowing them to be ridiculous. I don't know anyone that would have allowed them to happen without doing something to try and stop them, and at that point I was pretty much over the story altogether.

Besides the crazy mess that this one was and the drama that happened surrounding a few of the characters, this story just didn't hold my interest the way I would have liked. I kept putting it down and wasn't in any hurry to get back to the story. At times it felt like I was just finishing to see what would happen and because I had bought the book. This one just wasn't for me, and honestly I don't know that I would read anything else from this author. Besides the story, the writing style felt a bit off at times, seeming to be forced and awkward. Intent is not one I would recommend, though I seem to be in the minority here.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iBooks |


0 comments :

Post a Comment