in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 17, 2018

ARC Review: Worth the Risk by K. Bromberg


Normally when I finish a book, I immediately write my review, that way everything is fresh including my feelings. But with Worth the Risk by K. Bromberg, I found myself having to sit and think on it. I have been a fan of Bromberg’s since I first read Colton’s book, so naturally I couldn’t wait for this one as with everything she has released since. There was something different here though that I couldn’t quite put my finger on, but I think for me it was a character thing. While I liked this book, I didn’t love it. 

After messing up at work, Sidney finds herself heading back to her hometown to prove herself. If she helps save a failing magazine, she will earn a position at her dream job. While the magazine she is tasked with saving is one that doesn’t interest her at all, she comes up with an idea to run a hot dad contest. When one of the front runners of the contest turns out to be someone that she knows from when she was younger, she never expects for him to have quite the reaction he does. Grayson remembers Sidney and his ex is the perfect example of why he doesn’t want anything to do with women, let alone a woman like Sidney since they are just alike. But as the contest progresses, both Sidney and Grayson realize that neither are the same person they used to be. Can Grayson let go of his past and can Sidney embrace a different future than she originally planned for herself and risk it all for a chance at a love together? 

As I said before, a big problem for me was that I struggled with the characters. Grayson had been hurt by his ex, and at first glance Sidney had a lot of similarities to her. There were even times that it appeared she was proving it to him. However, Sidney was also very different than his ex and very different than the girl she once was, and it seemed that no matter what she did, Grayson refused to believe it. He was so frustrating and the constant push and pull with him was more than I could take. It got to the point that I was just over it and him and no matter the good moments that he had, I felt like he was just too immature and blinded by his past and bitterness. Sidney had moments where I really liked her, and she also had moments that I struggled with her as well as Grayson. I thought that she was sweet and kind, but she frustrated me with her actions quite a bit as well. These two had chemistry and a connection that felt real, yet there were too many hang-ups for them to ever seem to really get it right and It got to the point that I stopped caring and didn’t believe that they would last long term because of the back and forth. 

Overall, there were a lot of things that I liked here and as much as I struggled with the characters, this book did have a lot of really good parts. Grayson’s son made the book and I loved him so much. He definitely seemed to be the mature one here a lot of the time, and I think that goes to show just how much I felt like the adult characters needed some help. Luke was the highlight and I wish that Grayson and Sidney had been able to live up to that as well. I am still a huge fan of Bromberg’s and I definitely recommend her books. This one just wasn’t my favorite of hers, but it won’t stop me from picking up her future releases.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment