in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

ARC Review: His True Queen by Jodi Ellen Malpas


His True Queen is the second book in the Smoke & Mirrors Duet by Jodi Ellen Malpas. This book is not a standalone, and should only be read after reading The Controversial Princess. I was hooked after reading the first book and was on pins and needles waiting for the continuation of Josh and Adeline’s story! Jodi Ellen Malpas didn’t disappoint here, and I loved this book even more than the first! 

After a shocking turn of events, Adeline finds herself the Queen of England. Ever the rebel, she sets out to do the best job she can for a position she never intended on having or wanted. She finds herself torn between the love she has for American actor Josh and the family legacy that she has no choice but to accept. But the more she learns about being Queen, the more she learns that much in her family is a series of smoke and mirrors with secrets at every turn. Will she choose love or the duty she feels to her family? 

I loved Josh and Adeline in the first book and that definitely continued here. Each of them grew a lot over the course of this duet, and I found it so interesting to see all the progress they made both as individuals and as a couple. I was rooting for them from the very start, and just kept hoping that they could find a way to be together in the most impossible of circumstances. Adeline never wanted to be queen and never expected it, yet she immediately took to it and made it her own. I loved that while she prepared to take the role seriously, she did it without giving up who she was. She was determined to be herself and lead her people the only way she knew how. I also loved that Josh wasn’t afraid to treat her exactly the same as he always had. He was so good for her, and I couldn’t get enough of them together.  
The other thing I really loved about this duet is the secondary characters! I loved Adeline’s staff, and each one added so much to the story! She had some really great people around her and I loved how much they clearly cared about her, and as more than just an employer. Overall, this series was fantastic and I highly recommend it. I won’t give anything away, but I felt like Jodi Ellen Malpas really outdid herself here and I couldn’t imagine this story going any other way after finishing. I never knew what would happen next or how things would play out, but in the end I was so happy with the way it was. I think readers will love this one, and if you haven’t started yet I definitely recommend giving this series a go! Looking forward to whatever Jodi writes next!

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes


0 comments :

Post a Comment