in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

ARC Review: Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning


I really hate to say it but I wasn't a fan of this book which is so disappointing as I love this series. I've been looking forward to Eric's story for months and was so excited to get my hands on it and it was just a big disappointment. I don't feel like I know Eric any better than I what I was shown in previous books.

I've always had a soft spot for Eric. His corny jokes always make me laugh and I couldn't wait to learn more about him and ultimately watch him and Rebekah fall in love. Well that definitely didn't happen here. As I finish Wicked Beat, I'm no closer to knowing Eric than when I began.

This pretty much sums up the book--Boy meets girl but girl wants another. Girl uses boy to make other boy jealous. Boy and girl have sex over and over again. Now boy and girl love each other. The end.

Seriously, that is what happens. Eric sees Rebekah and instantly wants her. Rebekah only has eyes for Trey but as we all know Trey is a man whore who is in love with his best friend Brian. When Trey doesn't show any interest in Rebekah she turns her attention to Eric as a way to make Trey jealous. Then after being with each other for a day somehow Rebekah and Eric are in love. I just don't buy it. Neither really ever got to know one another. Honestly, I feel like we as readers never really got to know them either.

I won't lie, I'm not the biggest fan of Rebekah.  I never got a sense that Rebekah had any true feelings of love for Eric. I understand she's sexually attracted to him but I feel like that is all it is. She's got an itch and Eric is able to scratch it.

Throughout the book all we are shown of the two is sex scene after sex scene. Don't get me wrong, I love a great sex scene but if the whole book is one long sex scene I just loose interest. I want to read more than just sex and in the previous books there was more. Nothing happens in this book. NOTHING. Eric and Rebekah have sex. Eric and Rebekah fall in love. The end. Where is the drama? The angst? There is a "big" conflict towards the end but it was just so blah. It didn't add anything to the story and was quite predictable and wrapped up too nicely to ever feel real and honest.

Sadly Wicked Beat didn't live up to my expectations and left a sour note in my mouth. Will it hinder me from reading more of Oliva Cunning? Hell no. I still loved this series and look forward to reading more from her. I just would advise to skip this book or at the very least borrow from your library.

**ARC provided by Publisher/NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment