in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

ARC Review: Wicked Heat by Nicola Marsh


Wicked Heat by Nicola Marsh is one of those fabulously hot reads that you just dont want to put down. It was fun and flirty while also being hot and sexy. I really enjoyed this story from start to finish. This was a quick read for me and I didn't put it down until I had read every last word. Nicola Marsh is a new to me author and after reading this story, I am definitely interested to read more from her in the future.

Allegra has just been dumped by her fiance right before the wedding, and decides to use her would be honeymoon in order to try and land a new client. She needs this pitch to go well in order to save her business. As she is walking through the airport on the way, she is unknowingly dropping lingerie out of her bag that her best friend has secretly packed for her. Jett is also out to land the same client after suffering a horrible betrayal by his former best friend and business partner. If he doesn't land this new account his career will be over. But as soon as he sees Allegra and her stray panties he can't help but try to mix a little business with pleasure. Neither one of them knows that they are actually competing for the same client. Once on the plane the two of them give in to the passion and attraction that they have felt from the beginning. They spend more time together after reaching the resort and their hook-up turns into a sexy island fling. But Allegra finds out that she is actually pitching against Jett, and begins to wonder how she can possibly tell him what is really going on. Even though both are determined to keep things casual, feelings start to develop and both begin to think about the other as more than just a fling. But is it possible for their relationship to go anywhere when the truth has yet to come out? And what happens when the secret is revealed and their trust is put to the test?

I really loved Jett. He was sexy and charming, and really who wouldn't love an Aussie? He was also funny and genuine. I loved that he could banter back and forth with Allegra and be his charming self while trying to get her and yet he never once came off as cheesy. Allegra was smart and feisty and determined. I loved that she was not only hoping to land this for herself but also because she was worried about all of her employees. She was caring and sweet. Jett and Allegra had off the charts chemistry and they were super hot together. But more than just the attraction, they had an easiness that you don't often find in a relationship that happens this quickly. They were great together and I found myself believing in them from the start. I really connected with these two, and it was so enjoyable to read as they figured everything out and fell in love with each other.

Wicked Heat was just one of those stories that you find yourself sinking into and the outside world melts away. I couldn't stop myself from reading and I enjoyed every minute of it. Jett and Allegra were both extremely likable characters, but I was also interested in the secondary characters as well. I am looking forward to reading the next story Wanton Heat which is Allegra's friend Zoe's story. I am so glad that I took a chance on a new to me author because this story was the perfect quick read that I have been looking for lately! The chemistry and attraction are enough to keep you turning the pages to find out what happens next! Romance fans of all genres should pick this one up, as I think that most will find it very enjoyable!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment