in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 22, 2013

ARC Review: Caught Up In You by Roni Loren


This book had me from page one! I have never read a Roni Loren book before, but I have been wanting to try one ever since I saw the amazing covers for this series! After reading this book, I have no idea what I was waiting for. Caught Up In You was a sexy hot read that had me not wanting to put the book down until it was completely finished. Who needs sleep anyways? I will definitely be reading the rest of this series as soon as time allows as I cannot wait to read about the other characters from this book. Kelsey and Wyatt's story was fantastic, and I really enjoyed seeing each of them grow and fall in love.

Kelsey has had a very tough life. After experiencing some horrible events in the past she is working two jobs while trying to pursue her true passion of baking. If she can save up enough money she dreams of going to culinary school and starting her own bakery. Everyday she goes to work at the diner, the sexy and rich businessman Wyatt Austin giving her something to look forward to every day. They both admire each other from afar, never voicing how they really feel towards the other. Kelsey thinks that someone like him could never be attracted to her, and Wyatt knows that he is older than her and believes that a relationship with her could lead him down a dangerous path with similar results to something in his past. However when someone from Kelsey's path shows up and threatens her, Wyatt cannot help his protective instincts and rushes in to take care of her. When Wyatt needs a girl to pose as his girlfriend for a business event, he thinks that this is the perfect opportunity to help Kelsey while helping himself. But things quickly change once they start spending time together and the attraction becomes more than either one can fight. Wyatt has no time for a relationship and Kelsey is opposed to anything other than a no-strings affair, but with chemistry as strong as theirs and a connection that gets stronger by the day, can the two of them get past their hang-ups and find love together?

I loved Wyatt. He was everything you could hope for in a hero. Wyatt is strong, confident, sexy and a little bit nerdy. He is socially awkward and that only makes his character that much more endearing. Wyatt is a natural dominant, but he truly cares for Kelsey and wants more than just her submission. He wants to protect her and make her happy, as well as give her the life that she deserves after all of the horrible circumstances that have happened to her. Kelsey is strong and determined, and she is an absolute survivor. I loved that even though she has fears and insecurities, and rightfully so after her past, she never let that get her down or stop her from moving forward. She is a character that I found myself connecting with instantly and I really enjoyed watching her grow as a person throughout the book. She gives up control to Wyatt and begins to submit to him, and the results are extremely hot and steamy! These two ooze sex whenever they are in the same scene together, and I loved every bit of it! It was clear from the start how perfect they were for each other in every way, and their relationship was very realistic.

Overall, I loved this book! I can tell you that it will definitely not be the last book I read by Roni Loren. I am excited to read the rest of this series, and really meet the rest of the characters. I never felt as though I couldn't understand anything because I hadn't read any of the other books in this series. This book can easily be read as a stand alone, the only thing that you really miss would be some of the back story of the secondary characters. This book centers around a D/s relationship and there are BDSM elements to it, so if that is something that you aren't interested in reading about then this book probably isn't for you. But at the heart of this story its about love and overcoming obstacles and tough times while getting past your fears and I think that because of that, fans of all genres will really enjoy this book. For me this book is a must read for romance lovers. If you enjoy hot and sexy scenes this book definitely delivers. I am looking forward to the next book in the series, Need You Tonight which is book number five and is Kelsey's friend Kade's story.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment