in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 12, 2013

ARC Review: Beautiful Broken by Nazarea Andrews


I was really excited to read Beautiful Broken after having read and loved This Love by Nazarea Andrews. Beautiful Broken is the story of Scout and Dane, both of which are introduced in This Love. Scout is Atticus's little sister and Dane is his best friend. I have to admit I wasn't sure how much I was really going to like either character after the first book, but I really enjoyed getting to know these two better. Seeing them fight their feelings was frustrating at times, but they kept me interested and I am so glad that they got their HEA after they finally gave in to what they were feeling.

Dane has always been there for Scout. He has always been the one to help and support her even when her brother Atticus hasn't been. But Dane is also very attracted to her and he knows that for many reasons he can't let himself go there. Scout has just been released from rehab and is in need of a place to stay. With her brother off finishing his book, Dane is left as the only option for her to stay with. Dane has always been her safe place and he is her best friend. Even though Scout is attracted to Dane she has never let herself go after him because she knows that one night with him is not enough to risk their friendship. But while Dane helps her to stay sober, the feelings they both have been fighting become impossible to keep under control any longer. There are many reasons that they shouldn't be together and probably won't work, but when two people have a connection as strong as theirs they both start to wonder if the chance at love isn't worth risking all for.

I really ended up liking Dane. I was honestly worried when I started this book that I wouldn't. After all he is the same guy who threw coffee all over Avery in This Love. But he really won me over. He was sweet and patient with Scout. I loved how he really took care of her and not just because his best friend asked him to. It was very clear how much Dane cared about Scout right from the start. I will admit that it took me awhile to warm up to Scout. At first she comes off as this really bratty girl who jumps to conclusions. But after being set straight a few times, she really begins to change and that is when I really started to like her. After everything that she has been through, she has come out so much stronger and very determined. I loved that she was willing to get herself help and really put herself out of her comfort zone in order to move on with her life. I also really loved how she would call Dane out when needed. She didn't let him get away with his normal crap and refused to be just another notch for him. These two had a ton of chemistry and they were very hot together! I really enjoyed watching them grow even closer than they already were as they opened up to each other and finally allowed their feelings the chance to turn into a relationship even though it scared them both.

Overall, this book was a very enjoyable follow up to This Love. It took me awhile to warm up to these characters, but once I did they were very interesting and I really started rooting for them both. I think that Dane and Scout were perfect for each other and I loved that they didn't let everything stand between them. Once they knew they wanted to be together, they were determined to make it work. They were really sweet together, but they also generated a ton of steam. I am really enjoying this series, and Nazarea Andrews is a great writer! Her characters are interesting and deep and they grab your attention in a way that keeps you turning the pages until the book is finished. Andrews is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, and I cannot wait to read more from her in the future. Beautiful Broken does deal with some serious issues, but they are handled very well and I was glad to see that they didn't bring the story down to the point that it was completely dark and angst filled. I would definitely recommend this book and series if you haven't already read it. This is the second book in the University of Branton series and can be read as a standalone, although I would really recommend that you read This Love also. These books are filled with flawed but likable characters and they draw you in so much that you just can't help but become invested in them and really fall in love right along with them.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble |



1 comments :

  1. Wonderful review! I loved this book, but yes, there were times when I was frustrated with the h/hr and I didn't know if I would end up loving Dane. In the end, I did, and I thought Andrews did a beautiful job at writing such a difficult subject.

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete