in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 7, 2013

ARC Review: A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers


Wow, I really loved this book. This book was an emotional roller coaster for me. I honestly feel as though I cannot fully put into words everything that I want to say about this book, and that might be a first for me. This story was beautiful and emotional, and the struggle of the characters and their feelings was something that I know will be on my mind for a very long time. Most times when I finish a book, i'm pretty eager to move on to the next story. After all, my TBR list grows by the day. But after reading A Little Too Far, I found myself simultaneously wanting to read the next book in this series and wanting to start this one all over again! Talk about a major book hangover, I am absolutely not ready to leave these characters behind yet, and I doubt I will be anytime soon.

After finding out that her boyfriend and man she thought she would marry has been cheating on her, Lexie is on the rebound and looking to get away. She decides that she will participate in the study abroad program at her school and is only a few days away from leaving for Rome. Her stepbrother Trent is also her best friend and confidant, but there has always been attraction and chemistry there. Her dad married Trent's mom, but Lexie and Trent had a strong connection to each other from the start. Right before she leaves for Rome, Lexie and Trent give in to the attraction that they both feel and end up sleeping together. Afraid of ruining what they have, they are both quick to say it is a mistake and try to move on, but that is easier said then done. Once in Rome, Lexie meets a handsome Deacon (almost a priest) and the two begin a friendship. As they spend more time together though, feelings begin to develop and they begin to wonder what to do about the other. But Lexie is still in love with Trent and is now torn between the two forbidden men she loves and what she should do. The more time that goes on, Lexie begins to figure out where her heart truly lies.But even with that knowledge, she begins to wonder if it is possible to turn the forbidden into forever.

I really loved all of these characters! Each one was different and unique, and they all had a depth that made them extremely interesting. I found myself extremely invested in each and every one. Even though I was definitely on a certain team as far as who I felt Lexie should be with, I was genuinely interested in where all of them would end up, because even if I didn't feel one was right for Lexie, I still wanted him to get his HEA. Trent was sexy and sweet, and everything you could hope for in a boyfriend. He was always there for Lexie, supporting and loving her while never judging. He sang to her, held her while she talked and cried, and was her strength and rock whenever she needed it without even being asked. Lexie was a great heroine, she was funny and wasn't afraid to take a risk. I loved that she was true to herself and could be so honest about what she was feeling. Alessandro was such a great guy. He came from a troubled background and turned his life around for the better. I loved how easy his friendship with Lexie was and that he got her to do things that she was afraid of or wouldn't have normally done. He was exactly what Lexie needed and their friendship was very natural to me.

This book will not be for everyone. There are two forbidden relationships in this book, and that will be something that might make some kind of shy away from this story. I will say that these forbidden elements didn't bother me. Trent is in no way other than marriage actually related to Lexie, and Alessandro is not actually a priest but rather a bad boy who has chosen a different path and thinks that his way of helping others is through the church. Without spoiling this story and the ending, I will say that I loved how things turned out. I was so glad that Lexie ended up with who I believed was the right choice for her. Some relationships don't always make the most sense and some people will always judge others, but there are also some connections that are so strong that they cannot and should not be fought. This story is at it's heart a story of all-consuming love and two people who are fated to be with each other. It was beautiful and funny and at times heart-breaking, but I loved every word of it and read this entire book in one sitting. I just couldn't put it down. I absolutely fell in love with these characters, and I was left wanting so much more of them. I need to see how everything pans out and I want to read more about all of their futures. This book has an ending, and Lexie does make her choice which I found so refreshing in a genre that loves to leave you hanging. I am so anxious for the next book A Little Too Much, which will feature the man that Lexie did not choose. I am very excited to read more about him, and I also hope to get more of Lexie and her man as well. After reading this book, I am definitely a fan of Lisa Desrochers and I cannot wait to read more from her. I really loved her writing style and the depth and growth of her characters. This book for me was easily one of my favorites that I have read this year, and I know this will be one that I will be thinking about and re-reading in the future. I think that romance fans will really enjoy this story, as long as you can get past the idea that these relationships are so forbidden. I really recommend that even if you are on the fence about this one, that you give it a try because this is one of those books for me that is an absolute must read.

**ARC provided by Edelweiss**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment