in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 9, 2014

ARC Review: Take Two by Laurelin Paige


I really loved this book! It was good from start to finish, and had me so interested that I didn't want to put it down for anything! I have heard a lot of really positive things about Laurelin Paige's work before, but this is the first book that I have read of hers. I can tell you that it absolutely will not be the last. The writing was fantastic, the characters interesting and likable, and the story was amazing. This is one of those books that I had a fun time reading and was sad when it was over.

On Maddie's graduation night from film school, her best friend convinces her to go to a party. She ends up meeting a hot guy that she is instantly attracted to. They end up making out on their way to more only to be interrupted by her friend. Maddie gives Micah her number, but doesn't hear from him again. Seven years later she is starting work on a new movie as a camera assistant, and Micah ends up being the main star. At first Maddie thinks that Micah doesn't remember her at all, even though she has never been able to forget their encounter several years ago. Micah quickly lets her know that not only does he remember her, but that he wants to finish what they started. Maddie is determined not to be another notch on his bedpost though and turns him down time and time again. Micah is determined to have her though, even if it is just for the time that they are on set. Micah doesn't do relationships or commitment and isn't willing to offer more. Maddie eventually comes around wanting to have a chance to convince him that he should give them a shot. They agree to take things day by day and see where things take them. But as the time left on set begins to run out, their feelings continue to grow. Can they overcome all the obstacles that are standing in their way and take the risk for the chance at a future?

I loved Micah. He was smart and sexy, but also charming and sweet. I loved that not only was he an actor, but that he really loved what he did. He loved the entire industry and it wasn't just about being rich and famous for him. He was flirty and fun, and I liked how he interacted with Maddie. He made some really dumb moves, but he never intentionally set out to hurt her. Micah tried his hardest not to fall for her and was convinced that all Hollywood relationships only end terribly. I really enjoyed seeing him fall hard though despite his best efforts. Maddie was determined and smart, and could be really fun and feisty. I loved how she didn't put up with any of Micah's crap and forced him to treat her how she deserved. I really liked their banter and thought that they were great in and out of the bedroom. These two had so much chemistry together, and they definitely brought the steam. These two were just so much fun to read about, and I thought it was clear just how well they fit together

Overall, Take Two by Laurelin Paige was one of the best books I have read in awhile. It was fun and sexy, steamy and sweet. It had everything that I look for in a great romance, and I loved every word of it. I really enjoyed reading about the sexy movie star that had to work for it and the heroine that changed him. The storyline might have been fairly common, but Paige really made it refreshing and managed to put her own unique spin on it. Another great thing about this book is that there is no cliffhanger, and it was an extremely satisfying stand alone read. I cannot recall a single thing that I would complain about, and that is really rare. This book is one that I would recommend to anyone who reads romance and is looking for a fun, quick and sexy read. It is one that I would say is an absolute must read, and only makes me want to read more from Paige in the future.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment