in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 3, 2014

ARC Review: Game of Love by Melissa Foster


Game of Love is the first book that I have ever read by Melissa Foster, but it definitely won't be my last. Ellie and Dex's story is the tenth book in her Love In Bloom Series, but can be read as a standalone. I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait to go back and read all the other ones in this series. I liked getting to meet the other Remington's in this story and I thought that Game of Love did a good job of introducing Sage for the next installment. I love reading books in series, especially when they are about interconnected characters. I think you get so much more depth and insight into each of the characters and Melissa Foster's series seems to be one that I am going to love!

Dex has developed a successful gaming company and is getting ready for his next game release. He meets his brother and two of his friends/employees at a local bar and ends up running into a girl that he never thought he would see again. Dex and Ellie were best friends when they were young and then she disappeared only to briefly return four years later. Dex thought that everything would be different four years ago when he confessed his love for her, but she ran out on him leaving him with a broken heart. Now four years later, he is hesitant to let her get close again. But when Ellie shows up at his door in need of help, the last thing Dex can do is turn her away. Dex knows that Ellie is the only one for him, and is determined to convince her to give them a shot and stop running. Ellie believes that she brings chaos wherever she goes though and thinks that she needs to stay away from Dex. Ellie and Dex find it impossible to fight the feelings though and Ellie agrees to give things a chance. But will she be able to face her past and stop running once and for all? Will Dex be able to trust her after everything that has happened?

I really liked Dex. He was so sweet and kind. He was a great friend, and he always seemed to know what Ellie needed. He was really patient with her and was great at encouraging her to open up. I think that at times he pushed a little too much and didn't seem to understand just how hard it was for her to admit things though. But he seemed to get it more once given a bit of advice and after that he was willing to let her take her time. I liked that he never gave up on her even after having his heart broken by her. Ellie was hard for me to relate to. She was so closed off and she seemed to have the flight response where my go to is to fight. But, with Dex's help and love that seemed to change her. I loved how sweet and generous she was. She was more than just a caring teacher. She was determined to give kids the experience and life that they deserved and was willing to go all out for them. I liked her dedication to them and also to Dex. Dex and Ellie had a great connection and they were absolutely perfect for each other. They also had a ton of chemistry and you could feel the attraction between them.

Overall, this book was good and I really enjoyed the story. I thought that the beginning was a little slow and it took me a bit to get into it. But I was really glad that I stuck with it. I also thought that at times things got a little repetitive. It was a lot of trust issues, and will she run again. I do understand where they were coming from, but I would have liked a little bit more of their relationship after they figured things out. I liked all the characters though, and I can't wait to get more of the Remingtons. I especially can't wait for Sage and Rush. I really liked the writing though and thought that Melissa Foster did a great job of giving these characters depth and making them interesting. I was invested in them and didn't want to put the book down until I had finished the story. I think that contemporary romance fans will enjoy this book and series, and if you haven't read anything by Melissa Foster yet you should definitely give her books a chance. I look forward to reading more from her and can't wait to read more of this series.

**ARC provided by Tasty Book Tours**

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |




0 comments :

Post a Comment