in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ARC Review: Let's Misbehave by Kate Perry


Let's Misbehave is the third book in the Summerhill series by Kate Perry. These books are standalones with interconnected characters. This is the first book of Perry's that I have read, but it definitely won't be my last. I enjoyed Let's Misbehave immensely, and I was really able to lost myself in the story. I finished this book really quickly because I couldn't put it down and had to see what would happen next. I can't wait to go back and read the previous books in this series, and I am really looking forward to seeing what else Kate Perry has in store for the Summerhills next.

Imogen Summerhill is trying to stay out of the spotlight and clean up her image after her ex leaked compromising photos and videos of the two of them. While her studio couldn't be happier, Imogen wants a part in a movie that requires her to keep her nose clean. Looking to be taken seriously, she attends a charity event to try and meet up with the director for the movie roll she wants. She ends up meeting Merrick Graham, also known as the Bad Boy of Politics. They are both instantly drawn to each other, and know that they should stay away from the other. Merrick is trying to get a safety act passed, and doesn't need the distraction or bad press. But the two of them find themselves unable to stay away. They decide to see each other in private, and stay out of the spotlight. But with both of them having such high profile careers and Imogen's studio determined that all press is good press, can they keep their growing feelings and relationship a secret for long?

I really liked Merrick. He was so much more than just the uptight politician he first seems like. He was a musician in a popular band before his sister died, but now he doesn't have anything to do with music. I liked that Imogen was able to get him to see that his sister wouldn't have wanted him to give it all up just because she was gone. He felt a lot of guilt, and it kept him from really being who he was so it was nice to see that Imogen was able to bring him back. He was sexy and had tattoos, but he was more than just a former rock star. He was committed to doing good for others, and trying to prevent horrible crimes from happening. There were a couple of times that I thought that Merrick was a bit quick to judge and made some assumptions, but he was pretty quick to move forward after talking to either Imogen or his friend Valerie. Imogen was easy to like and relate to despite her career. She was nice and approachable, and she saw the good in others even when they didn't always deserve it. I thought that she made a few bad decisions, and she should have been more honest with Merrick at times. There were a few things that she did that bothered me, and I couldn't figure out why she didn't just talk to Merrick about what was going on. I felt like a lot of the issues they had were simple errors in communication, and could have easily been solved if they just would have talked to each other more. But I thought that she was a really great match for Merrick and they fit together perfectly. I thought that Merrick and Imogen had a lot of chemistry and were pretty hot together. I really enjoyed their banter and their wit.

Overall, I really liked this book. At first I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to get into the story because it seemed like a lot was going on. But as I continued to read, I really liked how Kate Perry was able to weave several story lines into one book, and I liked that they were all connected giving this book a well rounded experience. I really enjoyed Merrick and Imogen, but I also really liked Holly's story as well. The Summerhill sisters were all really interesting also, and I loved that they were all so different and unique and yet they were all supportive of each other as a family should be. This book was really easy to get lost in, and I had a great time reading it. I would highly recommend this book to romance fans, and I look forward to reading more from Kate Perry in the future. I am really interested in Titania's story next, and can't wait to see what Kate Perry has in store for her!

**ARC Provided by AToMR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment