in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

ARC Review: Mr. Frost: Goes to San Diego by Aimee James


Mr. Frost Goes to San Diego is the second novelette in the William Frost Series by Aimee James. This story picks up right after the first installment and should only be read after you have read Mr. Frost Goes to Washington. Will has just arrived in San Diego and runs into Katherine and her fiance. Will is surprised to find out that Katherine's fiance is a lot older than he had first though. Both Will and Kat are committed to the cause, but Will and Kat's fiance James are skeptical that the meeting will be anything other than a photo-op. Disappointed with the way things turn out, Will ends up meeting the young and hopeful Emily Taylor. They immediately click and end up spending the night together. Emily tells Will about some things that her and her friends are working on in Seattle and convinces him to make that his next adventure. Will decides to enlist the help of his friends, including Kat and her fiance.

I feel like we still really don't know much about Kat or Will. It was nice to see more interaction between the two of them, and I was glad that they were able to clear the air about everything that had happened when they were younger. Since they hadn't seen or spoken to each other in five years, there was a lot to be said and to catch up on after she just up and left him. I will admit that I was a little turned off by the fact that Katherine basically demanded that Will forgive her for her actions all those years ago. Yes she apologized, but it just felt like she was asking for a lot. It was really great to see the two of them open up to each other a bit more though. I liked that Kat told him how she felt and was able to admit that she had missed him. It was clear that they were both missing the way things had been and that even though they moved on, nothing was the same as it was when they were together and friends. I think that they have a really great connection and a lot of chemistry. It will be interesting to see more of them as they start to work closely together. I liked Emily a lot in this one. She was so full of life and fun, and it was really great that she saw things with Will exactly how they were. I also liked that she was so open about the things he was feeling for Kat and about her helping him get her back. I think that her and Will could be great friends, and it was good to see that they were able to connect more than just physically.

Overall, this was a good addition to this series and I thought that we did get to know the characters a little better. I think that we still don't know them that well, but I am becoming more interested and invested in them with each installment. I think that Kat and Will definitely have a lot between them, and I can't wait to see how things play out. This novelette was short, but still packed in a lot of steam and heat. I am really enjoying these stories, and I love that they are quick and easy reads. These are great for when you just have a little bit of time and need a short and steamy read.I think if you are looking for something short but well written with some hot scenes, you should definitely check these out. Aimee James knows how to draw you in and keep you coming back for more. I can't wait to get the next adventure in Will's story and see what happens in Seattle!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon |



0 comments :

Post a Comment