in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 13, 2014

ARC Review: Indecent Proposal by Jane O'Reilly


I will admit that I went into this story with a dislike for the heroine. We first meet Amber in the first short story of this trilogy, Indecent Exposure. I thought that she was pretty selfish and she seemed to be only concerned with her wants and needs. I was really hoping that in Indecent Proposal we would get to see a different side of her. I was glad to see that there was more to her than we had originally seen, but I still ended up with mixed feelings on this story. These stories can be read as standalones since they contain interconnected characters but focus only on one couple at a time. That being said though, I would highly recommend starting at the beginning because the reader really gets to see so much more depth and insight when meeting them for the first time and seeing how they change.

Amber is sexually adventurous, and has been trying to get over her broken heart. She had been sleeping with her boss and thought that she was in love with him until he left her for another woman he was also sleeping with. After almost ruining her friendship with her best friend, Amber decides to get over her hurt feelings and starts sleeping with not only her boss, but also his girlfriend. However when the two of them decide to get married, Amber decides she is through. She picks up a random guy at their wedding and ends up hooking up with him during the reception. They get interrupted by Amber's best friend's brother Scott. Scott and Amber have always fought and have never really interacted well, but there is no mistaking the attraction between them or the lust in Scott's eyes. Amber and Scott begin to see each other in a completely different light, and they find themselves unable to stay away from each other. But Scott is looking for more than a casual fling, and Amber is scared to let herself have anything more than that. Will Scott and Amber realize that they are perfect for each other, or will the continue to fight the growing feelings between them?

I liked Scott. I thought that he was great for Amber and that he did a great job of helping her realize that she deserved more than what she had been settling for. I did think that there was a bit too much hot and cold with him though. One second he would be into her and they would be getting physical and the next second he couldn't get away fast enough. I understand part of what he was experiencing and that he didn't want to just be about sex with her. But even though he wanted more, he went about it in the wrong way I thought. Amber was more than I had originally thought, and it was nice to see that she really did care about Ellie and that she was worried that she had screwed up the friendship by her actions. It wasn't just Amber's fault though, and I think that if Ellie had been more upfront and honest with her that Amber might have acted completely different. I liked seeing Amber open herself up to the possibility of a loving and steady relationship rather than continue with her casual flings. I thought that Amber was really open minded, and I liked that she went after what she wanted. She wasn't afraid to be who she was and I liked that. I wish that she wouldn't have run so much though and would have let Scott in a bit sooner. I think that if these two would have just communicated better, that everything would have been solved a lot quicker. Amber and Scott were really hot together though, and I felt like they had a lot of chemistry. I wish that there would have been a bit less of others involved though. I think that although Lucas was very likable, that he sort of hurt the relationship between Scott and Amber a bit.

I am really shocked just how much the short length of these stories hasn't been a factor for me though. Jane O'Reilly has done a wonderful job of telling a story that doesn't feel extremely rushed or incomplete with these short books, and that is really rare to me. It isn't often that I feel like you can get all of that plus likable characters and a believable relationship out of such few pages, and yet Jane O'Reilly has figured out a way to do it successfully. I think that Scott and Amber really worked together, and I liked how well they seemed to fit. I wish there had been a little less push and pull and a little less Lucas, but overall I thought that this was a good story. I am enjoying this trilogy, and I can't wait to read Lucas's story next in Indecent Desires. I look forward to reading more from Jane O'Reilly in the future, and I recommend that you check these books out if you are a fan of Erotica. These entertaining and hot stories are a great way to spend a few hours.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment