in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 6, 2014

ARC Review: Stealing His Heart by Diane Alberts


Diane Alberts (Jen McLaughlin) is always able to deliver a good sexy read, and I love her stories and writing style. I was super excited when I found out that Stealing His Heart featured Jake Forsythe after reading his sister Christine's story in Falling For the Groomsman which was her contribution to the Wedding Dare series. This book was a lot of fun to read, and I really liked this second chance romance between Tara and Jake. This book is the second book in the Shilling Agency series, but is a standalone story that can be read without reading the first book.

Tara Harris steals for a living, but she only targets those that stole the items she is to retrieve. When she gets caught breaking into a home, the last person that she expects to see is Jake Forsythe. Jake and Tara had known each other forever and then one night things got hot between them, but he left her before finishing what he started. He went overseas in the military and Tara hadn't seen him since. Now he is back to figure out how Tara was able to break in and steal a vase from a system he designed. Jake will stop at nothing to figure out what he needs to know, even if that means sending Tara to jail. But Tara isn't willing to give him the information to help his sleazy client, even though she still has feelings for him. As things heat up between them, their feelings for one another are brought back and before long they are both feeling more for each other than is good for them. Can they both find a way to make it through everything to have a relationship together, or will there be too many things standing in their way for them to have a shot?

I liked Jake a lot. He was smart and sexy, and really protective of Tara. He wanted to find out what he needed to, but he also didn't want to ever hurt Tara or allow someone else to. I loved how he was able to loosen up with Tara after everything that he had been through, and she really brought him back to life. Their banter and tricking each other was so much fun to read about. I really liked how Jake remembered everything about Tara though, and it really showed how much he had always cared about her. Tara was strong and independent, and I loved the idea of a thief with a conscience. She was an awesome heroine to read about and I thought that she was so smart. I could really feel the chemistry between her and Jake and loved their history together. It was great to watch them fall for one another all over again while trying to keep each other at arms length.

While I really liked Jake and Tara, I did also feel like there were a few things that could have been better in my opinion. I felt like some of the dialogue got repetitive at times, and I would find myself going back to see if I had just read the same thing a paragraph or two previous. I also felt like the urgency of her telling them the code wasn't as dire as they made it out to be considering all the steamy times and the trip to the carnival, but otherwise I thought that this was a good story. This book was fun and sexy, and I really enjoyed the dirty talk and Jake's dominant ways. These two were really hot together and I loved that they couldn't keep their hands off each other. If you are looking for a fun and sexy story with a good amount of steam and sweetness I definitely recommend this book or anything by Diane Alberts/Jen McLaughlin. I can't wait for her next book, and she is one of those authors that I know will always deliver a story that I am going to really like!

**ARC Provided by Entangled Publishing**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment