in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 3, 2015

ARC Review: Perfect Game by Collette West


Perfect Game is the newest New York Kings book by Collette West. Each one of these books can be read as a standalone, but I would recommend reading these in order if you can as the characters are interconnected and some things will be spoiled by reading them out of order. I was really looking forward to Scott and Carrie's story, and though I was frustrated with these two at times I really ended up enjoying their story. 

Scott Harper is the first baseman for the New York Kings. He is known for being a player both on and off the field. When his phone is hacked and nude pictures of him and several different girls are released to the public, it just makes his reputation worse. Carrie McKenzie has always been known as the fat chick, but after slimming down and winning the job as the clubhouse reporter for the Kings, she scores the sole interview with Scott where he will discuss the nude selfies. Carrie and Scott have been flirting for awhile, but it wasn't until they spent a passionate night together while at spring training that things began to really heat up for these two. Scott isn't used to wanting more than one night with any girl and Carrie doesn't date baseball players, but they soon find themselves with feelings that they didn't plan on and in a very complicated situation. But Carrie also has a secret that could change everything that her and Scott are just starting to build. 

I really liked Scott and Carrie, but I have to admit at the beginning of this book I really feared I was going to hate them both. They had a lot of chemistry and attraction right off, but they were also very frustrating. Both of them would flip flop constantly on what they wanted, and I got very sick of the back and forth. Luckily, they started to see that there was something special between them and things started to shape up. I liked that Scott was so much more than what you first saw. He was known for being a player and extremely cocky, but underneath he was also really sweet and caring. His feelings for Carrie were genuine, and I liked that he didn't give up on her. Carrie was a little harder for me to like if i'm honest. She was slower to warm up to Scott and I felt like she made a few bad decisions along the way. She knew she wanted him and was attracted to him, but she also let some things happen that I wasn't really a fan of, especially when it came to one of Scott's teammates. But I really liked Scott and Carrie together, and I liked seeing them figure things out. It was sort of them against the world, and they really had so many obstacles that they had to face. I was glad that they had each other to lean on. 

Overall, this was my favorite book in the series so far. I really liked Scott, and I think part of that is seeing the bad boy player fall hard for his girl. I just loved Scott and thought that despite everything that he had been through that he really just needed to meet the right girl that would change his life. He deserved to be happy, and I thought that Carrie was a great match for him. These two challenged each other and might not have made the most sense on paper, but they were proof to me that opposites can attract. They connected in a way that neither of them had ever done with anyone else before, and I liked seeing how things played out for them. I think that this book was a great addition to the series, but it is also a really great standalone. I would recommend this to contemporary romance fans looking for an entertaining and well written story. If you are a sports romance fan, you will definitely want to check this one out!

**ARC Provided by IndieSage PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment