in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 16, 2015

ARC Review: The Knight of Ambra by Lyn Brittan


The Knight of Ambra is a non-stop ride of high-energy action, danger and thrills. Everything seems to go wrong for the Brant Jacobs, Knight of Ambra, on his first solo mission to reclaim a world treasure. The first thing that goes wrong is not a thing, but a person. Michaela Alberto stumbles into a scene cast with mob figures. And with Brant. When the attempted purchase of a treasured sword goes bad, Brant and Michaela become unlikely partners when they are forced to flee. At this point, anything can happen. Could be good things happening. Could be bad things. Mostly it is bad.

From the US to Honduras, from mobsters to drug dealers, Brant and Michaela's misadventures will keep your eyes glued to the page. There is hardly a dull moment. When the action does quiet down just a little, Brant and Michaela use it to get to know each other better. What starts as attraction, grows to sweet, hot, sexual tension.

I would definitely peg The Knight of Ambra as a New Adult story. Why? Because of Michaela. She is young. Too young for my taste. I did not care for Michaela. I found her whiny and immature. As a new Knight of Ambra, Brant is also young, so I believe the author intended these two characters to come off as young, inexperienced and still able work as a team to defy the odds. So I can't fault it too much, even if a character like Michaela is not someone I care to read about in my books.

I would have liked the artifact they were chasing to have more import, more history, associated with it. After all, these Knights of Ambra expend a lot of time, money and energy to track them down. Why? Art for art's sake. I get that in real life. But in a suspense novel, an artifact ought to have a little more substance.

In general, I liked the story. The action and the romance mesh very nicely. The ending was very satisfying. Ms. Brittan has done a very nice job on this first book in her new series. I devoured the book once I started it. If you are after a fast-paced romantic suspense, try The Knight of Ambra.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment