in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, June 20, 2015

ARC Review: My Cowboy Promises by Z.A. Maxfield


My Cowboy Promise is the fourth book in the Cowboys series by Z.A. Maxfield. Each book can be read as a standalone, so if you haven't read the previous books you won't have any problems understanding this one. While I did like things about this story, especially the characters, I did have mixed feelings overall. I was wanting more, and unfortunately this one didn't quite deliver everything I had hoped for. 

Ryder Dent appears to be a normal guy at first glance, he is young and married with a son. But he is also living a lie. When he was young his friend got pregnant, so they decided to get married and raise her son together to help protect his secret and provide for Jonas. But when Ryder gets hurt at a party, his son's new doctor comes to the rescue and there is an immediate attraction between them. Ryder and Declan's connection is strong and undeniable, but can he leave the family that he has built for what his heart truly wants? 

I really liked these characters, especially Ryder and Jonas. I loved that Ryder was such a good guy and that he would give up the life he could have had in order to help a friend out, but I also felt for him because of the way that changed his life as well. I know he truly loved and cared about Andi and Jonas, but you could tell that he wanted more as well. Declan was great as well, he was very easy to like and I knew he was going to be good right from the start. Not only was he good, but I also thought that he was super hot. Ryder and Declan had a ton of heat and chemistry together. I really enjoyed seeing them grow closer, and I was glad that Ryder was able to open up to Declan.

I will say that this story was pretty slow for me though, and it also ended in a way that was not satisfying to me. I wanted more, and I felt like this book was unfinished. It was as though more was coming, only there wasn't. This one very much seemed to be a happy for now rather than a HEA. I just wish that we had been given more or that I knew another story was coming but that wasn't the case here. So while I enjoyed parts of this story, overall I was left disappointed. I do think that there was a good story here, but in my opinion it needed something else.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment