in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 28, 2015

ARC Review: Grayson's Vow by Mia Sheridan


Grayson's Vow is the newest novel in Mia Sheridan's Sign of Love series. Each book in this series is a standalone story inspired by a different zodiac sign, with Grayson's Vow being inspired by Libra. I really love this series, and the emotional depth that Mia always brings to her stories. Grayson's Vow was no different, and I found myself instantly drawn into this book. 

Kira Dallaire is desperate, and knows that she is almost out of options. With little money and nowhere to go, she quickly realizes she needs to come up with a plan. So when she overhears a conversation with a man just as desperate as her, she figures she has nothing to lose. Grayson Hawthorn made a vow to his father to do whatever it took to turn the family winery back into a success, but with his circumstances he is almost out of options. So when Kira offers him a way out, he might just be crazy enough to take it. But what starts out as a business arrangement to save them both, turns into something more with each passing day. However with their pasts still affecting them both, they must figure out if they can tear down the walls between them or if they are best to stick to the plan that brought them together in the first place.  
Kira and Grayson both had a lot of issues from their pasts that were still affecting them. While Kira was fun and spirited though, Grayson was cold and stoic. Kira really brought him back to life, and I loved seeing that side of him. I felt so badly for Grayson and all that he had been through. While he had a tough exterior and was often times rude or gruff, it was clear that everything he had been through had really affected how he saw himself. He didn't believe that anyone wanted him, and it was heartbreaking to watch. Kira had her own share of issues though, and I absolutely hated how her father and Cooper had treated her. I loved her best friend though, and I was grateful that Kira had her as well as her grams. I think was what made all the difference for Kira, and really helped her to always keep fighting and helping others. While Grayson did have some people in his corner, it wasn't the same and he hadn't really grasped the idea of family being what we make it. I thought that these two were really perfect for each other though, and they just fit together. While at first glance you would never expect it to work, these two completed one another in a way that no one else did. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this story and I loved Kira and Gray together. I will say that this book was a bit different from Mia's past books that I have read though, and while emotional and tough at times this one definitely had a lighter feel. It was good to see such a balance of light and dark, and pain as well as hope and love. There were times that this story was a bit slow, but I loved these characters enough to keep reading and I was really happy with where things went here. I highly recommend anything by Mia Sheridan if you are looking for an emotional and deep love story. Mia Sheridan has a way with words that is unique and different from anything else out there, and I cannot wait to read more from her in the future.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment