in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

ARC Review: Come Back to Me by Mila Gray


I have been waiting to read this book for what feels like forever since I first heard about it last year. It was released in the UK before it was released here in the US, and I heard nothing but good things about it. Even though it was a long wait, it was so worth it! Come Back to Me by Mila Gray was so good, and I loved it! This beautiful story checks pretty much all of my boxes. It is a New Adult story, with a military hero and is a little sister/brother's best friend story. I knew I was going to love it before I ever started and I was so glad that Mila Gray delivered! 

Come Back to Me starts with a Marine Chaplain knocking on Jessa's door. She knows that him being there can only mean one thing, either her brother Riley or her boyfriend (and Riley's best friend) Kit has died. We then go back three months to see how Kit and Jessa first began their relationship. Though they had known each other for a long time, it wasn't until Kit was home on leave and attended Jessa's 18th birthday party that things began to change. The attraction between them was forbidden for many reasons, and yet they knew that all the obstacles standing in their way were worth risking for a chance at something together. But will Kit have broken the promise he made to always come back to her, or is it her brother that isn't coming home? 

I really loved these two. The chemistry and attraction between them was so strong, and I knew that their connection was unique and intense. This being a NA story, there were some times that their age showed. But I have to say that Kit and Jessa were so easy to read about and feel invested in. I liked them and their relationship. It was so refreshing to see a NA relationship that wasn't toxic and filled with a ton of unnecessary angst or drama. I felt like their relationship (and even them as individuals) was very mature for their age. I really can't say enough how much I loved these two together or how perfect for one another they were. Though there were things that I didn't always like here, I could see why things happened the way they did. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down, and I had to know what would happen. Due to the circumstances that this book starts with, it is clear to the reader right away that not everyone will get a happy ending. Yet it didn't stop me from giving this book a chance, and I was so glad that I did. Though this book was heartbreaking at times, it was filled with love and romance as well as friendship. I was glad that we got to see more than just romance here and I loved the way Mila Gray handled everything. Mila Gray is a great writer and I highly recommend this book. I can't wait to read Jessa's friend Didi's story next in This is One Moment.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 







0 comments :

Post a Comment