in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 11, 2015

ARC Review: Lies by C.A. Harms


I'll be honest and admit that I don't even really read the blurbs anymore when I see that a book is by C.A. Harms. If it has her name on it, I am going to read it. But when I did read this book's blurb, I couldn't wait to read this story. While I love the contemporary stories that Harms writes, I was excited to get something with a bit of suspense here. I would still call this one a contemporary, but there are suspense elements to the story. Lies is a really great story no matter how you classify it though, and I honestly cannot wait for more. This book does end with a cliffhanger, and we will see more of Josh and Gabby in Chaos. 

Joshua Phoenix is an undercover FBI agent that has just taken on a new assignment. This huge opportunity is a dangerous one, but solving this case could make his career. But right as things are heating up for the case, he meets a woman that changes everything for him. He knows that Gabriella Shannon is special right away, and though he knows he should walk away he can't help himself. Soon Josh is questioning his ability to stay committed to his job and the mission he is on, especially when his future with Gabby is at stake. But when Josh is given no choice in order to protect those he loves, he knows that they will be the ones that get hurt the most.

Josh and Gabby drew me in right away. I absolutely loved them and they had amazing chemistry from the very start. I couldn't get enough of these two, and the sparks were clearly flying. Gabby was smart and understanding, and she was so easy to like. She was perfect for Josh and I really admired her strength. They were just starting a relationship, but she went in with her eyes open and made the choice to stand by Josh. She was supportive and exactly what Josh needed in a woman. Josh was sexy and and honorable, and committed to doing good through his job and the way he lived his life. I hated a lot of the situations he was put in, but I understood why he was doing what he did. I never once questioned his feelings or commitment to Gabby though, and it was easy to see that had he known her before taking the assignment he was on that he never would have done it. He was determined to have her be his top priority, and unfortunately he wasn't in a position to just walk away from his job at times. 

Overall, I loved these two and I really believed in them as a couple. Their relationship was strong even with all the obstacles in their way. The love between them was undeniable. I will say that I knew trouble was coming though and that I went into this one knowing there was a cliffhanger. I mentally prepared myself as much as possible knowing that I wouldn't get an HEA here, but yet I couldn't stop reading! I need the next book and I hope that we don't have to wait too long to get it. Gabby and Josh's story is far from over, and I need to know what happens next! This book is one I would recommend if you like some suspense with your romance, but not to the point that it takes over. C.A. Harms is a great writer and I thought that she had the perfect balance of action and romance here. The story is so easy to lose yourself in, and I am really looking forward to finding out what happens next.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository






0 comments :

Post a Comment