in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 27, 2015

ARC Review: Untouchable Darkness by Rachel Van Dyken


Untouchable Darkness is the second book in the Dark Ones Saga from Rachel Van Dyken. Though this book is about a different couple than the first book in the series, I would recommend reading these in order as Untouchable Darkness picks up where the first book left off. I think if readers start here without having read the first book that there could be some things that would be hard to understand. This series is worth the read whether you are a paranormal fan or not though, and I think that this series is one that readers will really enjoy. It is no secret that I am a fan of Rachel's if you follow my reviews at all, but this series is so different from anything that I have read and I am absolutely loving it. 

Cassius, King of the immortals and a Dark One, has been given 30 days to prove his love to Stephanie, another immortal. The only problem is that Cassius must do it as a human. In order to accomplish it, Cassius must learn to embrace the side of himself that he despises the most. Stephanie has always loved Cassius, but she is tired of the way he has treated her. While they have always shared a bond, he destroyed everything when he left her. But can Cassius show her how he feels and win her after everything that has happened, especially now that he is a human? 

I couldn't wait to get the story of Cassius and Stephanie after reading the first book in this series. I wasn't the biggest fan of Stephanie after what she had done in the first book, but I was fascinated with the connection between her and Cassius. The one thing that was more than obvious was the intense bond between Stephanie and Cassius. It was undeniable and without explanation, but it was so easy to see right from the start. I couldn't get enough of these two, and while their story isn't an easy one and is filled with tragedy and heartbreak, it is also filled with love and the kind of bond that is not easily broken. 

Overall, another fantastic story from Rachel Van Dyken. I am loving all the characters in this series, and I honestly can't wait to get more in this world. I love Rachel's ability to set up an entire world that has so much to fall in love with and read about, and I feel like there is so much left to explore. As we learn more about the world and it's residents, it just draws you in that much more. I can't wait to see where Rachel takes us next, and I am already anxious for the next book in this series. I think paranormal fans will love this series, but even if you aren't typically a paranormal reader I think that this series has something to offer and is one that can easily be enjoyed. If you like Rachel's Eagle Elite series, the Dark Ones Saga has a very similar feel to me and I would recommend giving this one a shot. You really can't go wrong with anything by Rachel Van Dyken and this series has it all.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 






0 comments :

Post a Comment