in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 31, 2015

December Book Subscription Box Unpacking

For December I received only one box, the Book Candy Box. I skipped my December Bookworm Box for the second month in a row. As much as I love getting it and helping out a great cause each month, it is a little pricey and I needed to use the money elsewhere for the last few months. I was really happy with the books that I got in my Book Candy Box though and I have to say that this is my favorite box from them yet! While I was really excited about the books I got, I was a bit disappointed in the swag included this month again. There wasn't a lot, and what there was wasn't a very good selection as it was mostly bookmarks and cards. I wish that there was a bit more of a selection when it comes to the swag, though I do still love getting everything that they send.
The Book Candy Box is a subscription box service that offers a few different options as far as which box you would like to purchase. These boxes are secured on a month by month basis, so you need to purchase one each month as it does not auto-renew. Prices vary per box selected. The Book Candy Box store is open from the 1st day of the month until the 15th day of the month for boxes shipping the next month. (IE: To purchase a February Box, you need to order between January 1st-15th.) The contents of your box will vary, depending on which box you select. The options are as follows: Option 1: One Signed Book. This box is $12.00 plus shipping. Option 2: 1 Signed Book, Swag, and a Signed Model Photo for that month's featured model. This box is $20.00 plus shipping. Option 3: 2 Signed Books and Swag for $22.00 plus shipping. Option 4: 2 Signed Books, Swag, and Signed Model Photo for $30.00 plus shipping. Option 5: Flavor of the Month Box Includes 1 Signed Book, Swag, and 1-4 oz Specialty Jar of Cheesecake from Lick Your Lips. This box is $22.00 plus shipping. (each month the flavor will differ, with customers being told which flavor is to be featured in the newsletter from The Book Candy Box.) Though you know what items you will be getting, the titles and authors are a surprise each month. The only thing that is not a secret, is who the model featured each month is as they announce that on their facebook page. The one thing that you should be aware of though is that while each book is signed, sometimes it is a sticker or label (bookplate) rather than a signature on the page itself. The great thing about The Book Candy Box is that because they are open for a limited amount of days and order books based on signups, they do not run out of boxes and they are available to customers throughout the entire sales period. There is no waiting for spots to open up or for others to cancel. As long as you order between the 1st and 15th, you are guaranteed a box.

December Book Candy Box

The Book Candy Box that I received in December included a signed Dirty English by Ilsa Madden-Mills and a signed Walking Among the Cherry Trees by H. D'Agostino. Swag in this months box was a signed postcard from Andie M. Long, postcard from Ilsa Madden-Mills, RAK card from Annalie Walker, bookmark from Carian Cole, bookmark from Kaylee Ryan, and a Pen from Sloan Johnson.

Dirty English by Ilsa Madden-Mills 

A scarred fighter. 
A girl with rules. 
One night of unbridled passion. 

There are three things you need to know about Elizabeth Bennett: she’s smart as a whip, always in control, and lives by a set of carefully crafted rules. She’s learned the hard way that people you love the most always hurt you in the end. 

But then she meets Declan Blay, the new neighbor at her apartment complex. 

A tattooed British street fighter, he’s the campus bad boy she’s supposed to avoid, but when he saves her from a frat party gone bad, all her rules about sex and love fly out the window. 

She gives him one night of unbridled passion, but he longs for more.  

With only a cardboard-thin wall separating their bedrooms, he dreams of possessing the vulnerable girl next door forever. 

One night. Two damaged hearts. The passion of a lifetime.

*a modern love story inspired by Pride and Prejudice* 

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle |


I was really hoping that I would get this box after I saw that it would be included in some in a preview that Book Candy Box did on facebook. I had previously read and reviewed the book, and really enjoyed the story. Not only did I enjoy the book, but I really loved the cover and wanted this one for my shelf! This is definitely a book worth checking out, and I could not have been more excited to see it in my box this month! 


Walking Among the Cherry Trees by H. D'Agostino 

Taylor Cook was the last thing Morgan McGregor expected to find when she stepped off the train at Cherryville station to spend the summer with her grandmother, Virginia. She didn’t know that the boy who befriended her would one day fill her heart with both joy and pain.  
First love can be magical. It can reach inside you and grip your heart with a force that you never see coming, and can’t deny. It’s powerful and sometimes debilitating, but most of all… it can break you in ways you never thought possible.  

How do you recover when the one the person you thought would always be there, pushes you away at the time they’re needed the most? How do you move on with your life and forget the boy who stole your heart all those years ago? How do you go back to that place knowing that seeing him will cause your careful façade to crack into a million pieces? It’s simple you can’t, but sometimes you have to. 

When Morgan gets the news that her grandmother’s passed away and she’s the heir to her estate, she hardens heart in preparation of going back to face him. What happens when she steps off that train again? Will the feelings she’s worked so hard to forget come rushing back and threaten to drown her? Will he even still be there?  

Walking Among the Cherry Trees is the first book in The Cook Brothers Series.  

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


H. D'Agostino is a new to me author, but I absolutely love this gorgeous cover! I had never heard of this book before, though I had heard of the author. So I was really excited to get this in my box. After reading the blurb, I can't wait to read this story. This is exactly the type of book I would choose for myself, but might not have heard about without receiving it in this box. Walking Among the Cherry Trees has been added to the top of my TBR pile, and I am really hoping that I get a chance to read this one soon!


Tell us what you think about the monthly book box craze. Any of these books on your TBR pile? Are you currently subscribed to any boxes? Are there any that you are 'dying' to subscribe to? Leave us a note about what you think or if there are any boxes that you think we should check out. =)

1 comments :