in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Review: The Sexy One by Lauren Blakely


While I have been a huge fan of Lauren Blakely's since I first read Playing with her Heart, the last few books that I had read from her had just been okay for me so I took a break from her books for awhile. But when I saw a blurb and cover for The Sexy One, I knew I had to read it! I love books about hot single dads, and this one just appealed to me right away. Unfortunately, this was yet another book of hers that just didn't work for me like her early stories and I was disappointed here. 

Simon and Abby both want each other, but there are more than a few reasons they shouldn't cross that line. Not only is there an eight year age difference, but Abby is the nanny for Simon's daughter Hayden. But the more they try to fight the attraction and growing connection between them, the harder it gets and they soon find themselves unable to fight it. But Abby needs her job, and Simon needs to keep Abby for his daughter's sake. Can they have it all, or will they ruin everything by crossing the line with one another? 

I liked both Abby and Simon. It was clear that they were attracted to each other right away, and I liked the friendship and connection they were forming. Abby was great with Simon's daughter, and they all just fit together well. Both Abby and Simon were sweet and caring, and I loved seeing them with Simon's daughter. But as must as I felt the chemistry and connection between them growing, it all felt so rushed. This book really felt like I blinked and it was over, and it all just seemed to happen overnight. While I liked them together, it just felt too fast for everything. 

Though this book was sweet and sexy and had some really cute moments, I just didn't feel overwhelmed with emotion or as though I was ever 100% invested. I think a lot of that was because this book felt so rushed, so I was left feeling kind of meh about the whole thing. I wanted to love it and the premise was one that I usually love. But the execution here was lacking and it just felt as though the author rushed her way through the entire thing and unfortunately that really showed when reading it. While I love Blakely's early books, the last several I have read from her have been this way for me and I think maybe it is time for me to just stop. If this one sounds like something you might like, I recommend you give it a try. I usually seem to be in the minority when it comes to her books as of late, so there is every chance that this is just me and that a lot of readers will really enjoy it.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment