in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, August 20, 2017

ARC Review: Falling Into the Black by Lauren Runow


Once I started Falling Into the Black by Lauren Runow, I didn't want to put it down! I was originally drawn in by the blurb, as it sounded like it would be sexy and full of angst. It was everything I was expecting and I was captivated from start to finish. I really enjoyed the characters and the story and I wasn't ready for it to be over when I reached the end! I really hope that Lauren writes the story of the guy that didn't get his HEA here. 

Evangeline left her small hometown behind and changed her name with the hopes of moving forward and past the pain. But ten years later, she still finds herself unable to forget everything that she left behind. She is working at a law firm and going to night classes to become a lawyer and when her friend asks her for help at the exclusive sex club her husband owns, Evangeline jumps at the chance thinking it can do nothing but help. But when she meets two masked men that love to share their women, she finds herself drawn to each of them for different reasons. As they all begin to get to know one another, things quickly get complicated as identities are revealed and they must all come to terms with what that means for them. 

I really liked these characters. They had moments where each of them showed some immaturity and I wanted to shake them a bit. But it was nice to see that they were human and that what they were all feeling was real. Evangeline had a past with one of them men, and the more that was revealed, the more my heart broke for them. I was rooting for them from the start. That being said though, I was just as drawn to the other man as Evangeline was. There is no denying that there was a connection there as well. It was sweet and sexy, and I was rooting for him as well. Honestly, I was so torn here because I felt like there really was no wrong choice for her, and that in any other life she could have been happy with either of them. While I do think that she ended up where she belonged, I think that she would have been just as happy with the other option. I was really starting to hope that this wouldn't be a love triangle and that in the end they would all stay together. 

Overall, this was a really great story and it drew me in right away. I am pretty new to Lauren Runow's books, but this defiitely won't be the last I read from her. I enjoyed this one, and I felt connected to the story and the characters. It was sweet and emotional, while also being sexy and full of steam. This story had it all, and I definitely recommend it to those that are looking for something on the erotic side. As I mentioned above, I am really hoping that we get the other man's story that didn't get his HEA here as I really loved him and think he deserves everything he didn't get here. I wasn't ready to let him go at the end of Falling Into the Black and I think readers will love him like I did and feel the same way.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment