in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 3, 2018

ARC Review: Friend Zone by Nicole Blanchard


Friend Zone is my first book by Nicole Blanchard, but I am such a sucker for friends to lovers stories that I had to give this one a shot. While there were things I enjoyed about the story, this one ended up being just okay for me. I did like some of the secondary characters though, so I might read those as they are released. 

Charlie and Liam have only ever been friends. But when Charlie breaks up with her latest boyfriend and finds herself in need of help, things with Liam begin to change. Suddenly needing a place to live, Liam offers to let her stay with him and both of them find themselves drawn to the other in a way they never have been before. Each of them knows they should fight it though, as they don’t want to ruin their friendship and both have plans as soon as school is done for them. But soon they are unable to avoid what is happening between them. 

I struggled with the character here a bit. While I liked Charlie and Liam, I thought that they both acted a bit on the immature side sometimes, especially Charlie. I didn’t really feel a connection to them, and I didn’t feel a strong connection between them. I think part of that was that I felt they weren’t entirely developed characters, so everything was very on the surface for me and I was left wanting more. I didn’t get much of a romantic relationship between them, and it seemed like not a lot changed from friendship for them. I also wasn’t entirely sold on the chemistry and attraction between them. I just felt like there was something missing here and that had me feeling as though their transition from friends to more wasn’t 100% believable for me. 

While I did think that there were some good moments here and that the characters had some good qualities, this one was just okay for me in the end. I found my attention wandering and I wasn’t invested in the HEA. I liked the characters and the secondary characters well enough, but this isn’t one that I will remember in the long run and I probably wouldn’t re-read it again in the future. I am interested in possibly reading more about Charlie’s friends, but I’m not sure that I will rush out to get them. I think that this story is one that a lot of readers will probably enjoy, especially if you are a fan of short and sweet NA books. If you are looking for something with more depth though, this one might not be for you.

**ARC Provided by IndieSage PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment