in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 11, 2018

ARC Review: All My Life by Prescott Lane


I’m really torn with All My Life by Prescott Lane. On the one hand, there were several things that I liked about this book. It had plenty of cute and sweet moments that I truly enjoyed. But on the flip side, there were several things about this story that didn’t work for me. I think this is one of those books that most will really enjoy, and that maybe it just wasn’t for me personally. 

Garrett and Devlyn had been friends for as long as they both could remember, but Devlyn was always secretly in love with him as well. So when he got someone pregnant as a teenager, her heart was broken but she continued to stand by him and vowed to be there for him through everything. She was always there for not only him, but also his daughter. But will they ever see her as more than just the friend that has always been there for them? 

Ok here is where things started to not work for me...Devlyn. She was sweet and caring, kind and supportive. But that also turned her into a doormat. She gave up so much for Garrett and didn’t ask for anything. She had her heart broken over and over by him and yet he never saw that she was anything more than a friend until he randomly woke up one day? Talk about going from 0 to 60, it was just too much to take. Meanwhile, Garrett had been living his life with his daughter being his world and of course he had his steady Thursday night hookup while Devlyn had failed relationships and pined away for him all while being a mother to his child when she didn’t have one. They had chemistry and a connection, but I was so frustrated with how things went down here. It wasn’t believable and it was very frustrating at times. 

I also have to say that the cover is completely misleading. Garrett’s daughter Mia is not young, she is graduating and turning 18. I expected something different based on the cover, and the fact that she was older and all this had gone on for that many years was a huge part of why this one just didn’t fully work for me. There was some drama here that I won’t get into so I don’t spoil anything, but it was predictable and I wasn’t a fan. While there were some really great moments for Garrett and Devlyn as well as with Mia, it just wasn’t enough for me to love this one. I think a lot of readers will still really enjoy this one, and recommend you give it a shot if it sounds like one you might like.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |




0 comments :

Post a Comment