in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 26, 2012

ARC Review: Texas Wide Open by KC Klein


I couldn't put this book down, it was so good. I love the way the author blending the past and the present. The chemistry between Cole and Kate was explosive and I found myself rooting for them for the entire book. I'm so glad these two got their long awaited HEA.

Seriously, this book was so good. The raw emotion you feel from the characters is so in your face and it leaves you wanting more. I found myself unable to turn away from my kindle because I was so engrossed with what was happening.

Cole is sexy and it breaks your heart to see him struggle to do what he believes is right. All he is wants is to do right by Katie and it breaks your heart to see this man struggle with how deep his feelings truly are towards Katie and the way his life takes a downward spiral when she subsequently leaves him. I never expected his feelings to be so strong and so deep.

Katie has known since she was eight that she would marry Cole. It was the mantra she said into her pillow each night. The older she got the stronger her feelings became and all that much more difficult it was to hide them. When she finally makes her move it's met with everything she always wanted then followed by devastating results which led to her moving away to college.

Now she's back and all of the feelings she thought she buried and left in the past have come rushing back to the surface. She's aware of his every breath and move and she's finding it hard to keep all of her repressed feelings to herself. Will these two somehow be able to work past all of their issues with each other and find a way to finally make it work?

Oh my goodness these two had me in a emotional wreck. I just couldn't take it. I just wanted them to find a way to get past everything and just when I thought things were bad enough, the author throws me a curve ball I never saw coming. This book is truly amazing and I can't wait to read more.

**ARC provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |


11 comments :

  1. Wonderful review!!! I haven't heard of this author...but I think I am going to have to check her out though!!! Thanks for sharing such a lovely review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first book that I have seen by her and I loved it. I definitely can't wait to read more.

      Delete
  2. I love when I get emotionally invested in a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this book left me raw and at times on the verge of tears.

      Delete
  3. This review just upped this book to the top of my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read KC's other book, DARK FUTURE, and had the same reaction. She's a terrific author. T.W.O. is next on my reading list. It's a guaranteed page turner, and I can't wait to read. It's already on my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, I will definitely have to check that one out then.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review. The book sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KC Klein is one of my favorite authors! Dark Future is a paranormal and I usually don't even read paranormals but I couldn't put it down! Texas Wide Open is on my Kindle. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Just wow. What a wonderful blog post to pop over to. This is what it means to be an author. Right here, right now. I am so awed and grateful. Thank Dani, and thank you my lovely fans. Much love, always. :)

    ReplyDelete