in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

ARC Review: Out of Time by Jen McLaughlin


I have been looking forward to this book since I finished Out of Line. I absolutely adored Carrie and Finn, and I couldn't wait to see what happened next for them. If you haven't read Out of Line yet, not only should you get on that, but you are going to want to make sure you read that before you read Out of Time. These books are not standalone, and should only be read in order. So if you haven't read the first one, beware that there are possible spoilers in this review. I am always a bit scared of a series when I really love the first book, because they can go a few different ways. I have to say though that with Out of Time, I not only enjoyed it but really liked where the author took Carrie and Finn. I am already anxiously awaiting the next book Out of Mind.

Out of Time picks up where we left off with Out of Line, and fortunately for us we are not kept waiting long to try and figure out what is going on with the phone call that Finn got. In Out of Time, Finn and Carrie are back together and are happier than ever. But after Finn received that mysterious phone call, what does the future hold for them? Suddenly Carrie's father the Senator isn't the only obstacle in the way, now they also have to worry about the Military as well. But when Finn is presented an opportunity that could change his and Carrie's future, he views it as the perfect way to begin their future together. The only problem is that in order to give Carrie the life that he thinks she deserves, Finn will have to leave her for awhile and head into danger. Can they get through the time apart and end up where they belong, safe and happy together? Or will the dangerous situation and separation bring an end to the future that both Carrie and Finn want together?

I didn't think it was possible to love Finn anymore than I already did, but Jen McLaughlin went and proved me wrong. Finn is so sweet and protective and he truly loves and cares about Carrie more than anything else. I loved how he was willing to sacrifice everything for her and he also really opened himself up and was vulnerable. He wasn't afraid to admit to her or anyone else just how much he felt for her and I thought that it was so refreshing that he was so honest about his feelings. I absolutely loved what he had planned for her before he left, and it was just really cute and perfect for them. Even though he had a few moments where he reacted badly, you could tell that he was just scared and that he just cared about her so much that it was tearing him up. I also really loved Carrie even more than in the first book. She continues to be kind and caring and always thinking about others. It was clear how she felt about Finn regardless of their differences. She truly loved him for him and she would do anything for him. I loved seeing how she tried to put on a brave face for Finn and be strong even though she was scared for him and was going to miss him. Carrie and Finn have such great chemistry and are really steamy together. I loved reading their sexy scenes and I think that they are even more perfect for each other as their relationship progresses. But the connection between them goes so much deeper than just the physical with them, and it is so real and believable.

This book was an emotional read for me. It had its sweet moments and some sexy moments, but there were also times that it was truly heartbreaking and definitely brought tears to my eyes. Even though I usually get emotionally involved with books and the characters in them, it takes a lot to make me cry. This one had me tearing up though, and I thought my heart was breaking right along with Carrie and Finn. I really love these characters and I think that they deserve their HEA together. I hope that they get through all the obstacles in their way and come out stronger and better because of them. I cannot wait to see what happens next for them, and I will keep rooting for their happiness. I did enjoy some of the characters we got to know better in this book also. I really liked Carrie's roommate Marie and thought it was great that she was able to have a friend to lean on. I also liked Finn's friend Hernandez, and I hope that we get to see more of him and maybe get that double date that Carrie wants to arrange. I also really liked Riley and thought that he and Carrie had some great banter and could be great friends. I thought he was really funny and I would love to see more of him in the future. It was nice to see someone from her world that was more like her and not afraid to be who they were rather than constantly trying to keep up appearances. For me, this was a really great follow up to Out of Line and I am loving this series. My main complaint is that I really hate cliffhangers and unfortunately we are left with a pretty big one at the end of this book. I really need to know what happens, and I just have this fear that it will get worse for Carrie and Finn before it gets better. I think this series is definitely one that New Adult fans will love, and If you have read the first book you really need to read this one and see what happens next with Carrie and Finn. This series is one that has grabbed a hold of my attention though, and I am really invested in these characters now. This is a must read series for me, and I think that many romance fans will absolutely love these books just as I do. I hope that we don't have too long to wait to see what happens because I will be anxious until I know that Carrie and Finn are together and everything is okay with them.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment