in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Review: Officer Off Limits by Tessa Bailey


Officer Off Limits is the third book in Tessa Bailey's Line of Duty series. It is also the first book I have ever read by Tessa Bailey. I had been told that I absolutely had to read this series because they were really good and most of all extremely hot! I definitely wasn't disappointed at all, and I absolutely loved this book! Even though this is the third book in the series, it can be read as a standalone. The characters do connect throughout the series but it isn't required to read the previous books in order to understand and enjoy. That being said, I cannot wait to go back to the beginning and devour the rest of this series though! Especially if this one is anything to go by! Tessa Bailey has definitely gained a new fan and I look forward to reading more from her in the future!

After being dumped by her fiance just two weeks before the wedding, and finding out her estranged father just had a heart attack, Story is definitely having a rough time. She leaves California and heads to NYC to get away and help take care of her dad. She runs into a ladies man who after getting a nurse's phone number proceeds to try and pick her up as well. She soon finds out that this player is also her father's protege Daniel. Story's dad Jack asks Daniel to help her out while he is stuck in the hospital and to make sure that she is protected. The attraction between Daniel and Story is instant and very intense, but she is not about to be another notch on his bedpost especially after all she has been through lately. But the more that she gets to know him, the more she realizes that he is nothing like she first thought. Daniel is only interested in Story and will do whatever it takes to have her, but can he convince her that he has changed and should give him a shot? Will Story take the risk of opening herself up again or will she head back to California before giving a relationship with Daniel a real chance?

I loved Daniel! He was hot and sexy and confident. I loved that he was a dirty talker and really encouraged Story to do things that she never had before. He really opened her up and helped to become the woman that she hadn't been before. It was nice to see him pay attention to her and take care of her after her fiance had basically ignored her and tried to mold her into the type of woman he thought that she should be. I also really liked that Daniel was more than met the eye. You could tell that his past really had affected him and there was a lot of depth to his character. I liked Story. I loved that she was not afraid to say what she felt and she was able to banter with Daniel. She also wasn't afraid to try new things and he definitely brought out a side of her she hadn't known she had before. Instead of really freaking out about things happening with Daniel though, she really did seem to embrace the new her. She was a great friend and even though she wasn't close with her dad, she immediately went to help him when he needed it. I also really liked how caring and supportive she was with Daniel. As she found out more about his past, she allowed him to lean on her and didn't show him pity but instead was understanding. These two were extremely real to me and they just seemed to fit together perfectly right from the start. They were a great balance together and had an amazing chemistry. These two were super hot together, and I could almost feel the steam coming off my Kindle from them.

Overall, I am so glad that I read this book! I loved Daniel and Story. I thought that they were great characters and their story was interesting. I was invested in them instantly and couldn't wait to see how they got to their HEA. I also really liked the secondary characters as well, and I cannot wait to read more in this series. The book was well written and was the perfect amount of banter and steam. The one thing I didn't really care for was the name Story. But that is such a minor complaint that it didn't affect how I felt about Officer Off Limits at all. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone and everyone who likes romance! If you haven't read this one yet, you are missing out on a great book. I know this one will definitely be a book that I will think about and reread again in the future. I can't wait to read more from Tessa Bailey, starting with the rest of this series.

**Copy provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment