in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

ARC Review: Infinite Possibilities by Lisa Renee Jones


Infinite Possibilities is the second book in The Secret Life of Amy Benson series by Lisa Renee Jones. This book is not a standalone and should only be read after Escaping Reality. If you have not read Escaping Reality, you definitely should give it a chance and also beware of spoilers below. As a reader, cliffhangers definitely have become the bane of my existence. I love a good series and I am all for making sure that a story is told completely and the best way it should be. However cliffhangers really drive me nuts. So when I finished Escaping Reality and was left hanging there, I absolutely couldn't wait to get more. Luckily, Infinite Possibilities picks up where Escaping Reality left off, and we aren't left trying to figure out what has happened for very long.

Having overheard a private conversation, Amy is left reeling and doesn't know what to think. The only person that she has trusted in the last six years seems to have been lying to her the whole time. Fearing for her life, Amy decides that she must leave and start over again. But as she sets out to disappear, she knows that if she doesn't fight back now she will be on the run forever. Amy is determined to discover the truth and will do whatever it takes. But Liam isn't about to let Amy go without a fight. Liam must convince Amy to trust him and that he will do anything to protect her. Liam and Amy have an undeniable connection. But with secrets and lies everywhere, can they possibly trust in each other? Amy wants to believe that Liam is trustworthy, but she also knows that regardless of what side he is on that people she cares about tend to end up dead. Even though she is unsure of Liam, she knows that she needs to protect him and will do anything to make sure that he is safe.

I was really hoping that Liam was on the right side. After the end of Escaping Reality I was so worried that this man who Amy and all of us readers had come to love was really working against her the whole time. But I just knew there had to be a mistake and we weren't seeing the whole picture. Liam continues to be protective and loving despite the fact that Amy continually tries to run and push him away. I loved that he kept going after her and refused to let her run away from him. You could tell that even though he didn't come right out and say it, that he really did love and care about her. Liam is the kind of guy that is hot and sexy, but also really deep. He is loyal and caring and there is so much more to him than meets the eye. I like Amy. She continues to be strong and she does what she has to in order to survive. I understand that she is damaged and vulnerable because of her past, but I was hoping that she wouldn't run as much in this one. I really felt like she should have leaned on Liam more and accepted his support. She trusted in her feelings and the connection she felt to Liam and yet she continued to assume that she had to run in order to protect him. I just didn't really feel as though her trust was one hundred percent real when she kept disappearing. I also felt like she was a little immature sometimes and that as much as she said she couldn't trust anyone she would then turn around and make decisions at the drop of a hat with very little proof. Amy and Liam continued to have a ton of chemistry though, and it was nice to see their relationship grow. I felt like they really started to make some progress in their relationship and I loved their scenes together.

This story was action packed and fast paced. It kept going right up until the end and there were so many twists and turns that the reader is never quite sure where we will end up. There were a few things that I had wondered about and had seen coming, but there were also some complete shockers. I love how Lisa Renee Jones is able to weave things into her stories and characters that the reader can't possibly figure out, but that once revealed make complete sense. Her writing style is always excellent, and you can't help but be drawn into the story and become invested in her characters. My only gripe though, is that we never really seem to get the resolution that I hope for. When one question is answered it seems like five more are brought to the surface. Even though this story ends with less of a cliffhanger and Liam and Amy together and safe for the moment, it just felt as though they were sort of left unfinished. Jones leaves this story headed in a clear direction and we get to see who the next portion of this story will feature. But I still feel as though we aren't done with Liam and Amy. I hope that we will get more of them in the next book Forsaken, and that they will get the ending they deserve. My other issue with this story was Meg. She was brought into the story and we are left hanging. She completely disappears and we are left to wonder who she really is and what happened to her. Hopefully that will be addressed as well. I did love Jared though. I had been intrigued by him in Escaping Reality and I was very excited to see him again. I really hope that he is a bigger part of Forsaken and that we get to know him better. Overall, this story was an excellent continuation of what is shaping up to be a great series. I loved the way that things are unfolding and I can't wait to see where Jones will take us next. This book kept me turning the pages and I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this series to anyone who loves a little mystery and action with their romance. This series will grab a hold of you and not let go until you have devoured every last word.

**ARC provided by Truly Schmexy Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment