in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 27, 2014

ARC Review: Bound by Lorelei James


I am a huge fan of Lorelei James. I have enjoyed every single story I have ever read by her, and her sexy cowboys will always be among my top book boyfriends ever. When I saw that she had a new and completely different series coming out, I knew without a doubt that I had to read it. Bound proved to me why Lorelei James continues to by a favorite author of mine and also just how talented of a writer she is. She has a way of writing the most beautiful and scorchingly sexy books that will leave you hot and bothered.

Amery is living in Denver while running her own graphic design business. She grew up in a small town and came from a very Christian family that caused her to grow up being ashamed of anything sexual. Her relationship with her parents now is strained at best, but she has started to live her life how she wants and not how they approve. After her friend gets attacked, Amery agrees to attend some self defense classes with her but instead of being an observer, she ends up being forced to participate. There she meets the sexy and mysterious owner of the Dojo, Ronin Black. Ronin and Amery are instantly drawn to each other, and feel a pull between them like they have never felt before. Ronin and Amery begin seeing each other, and Amery quickly figures out that there is so much more to Ronin than meets the eye. He has a darkness to him and desires that she has only scratched the surface of. Amery is introduced to Ronin's world of bondage, and gives herself over to him while opening up herself like never before. But Amery still feels as though Ronin is holding himself back from her and that he is hiding things from her. Can Amery give herself completely to someone who will not do the same?

I really liked Ronin. I thought that he was extremely sexy, athletic, and very intriguing. I liked how raw and passionate he was, but that he could also be tender and gentle. There was so much more to him than meets the eye, and it really feels like we just barely scratch the surface with him in this book. I knew that he was drawn to Amery and cared about her, but it felt at times that he really held so much back when it came to her. I questioned at first how much he was really into her, but towards the end of the book you really see that he feels more for her than he wants to or will admit. Amery is one of those heroines that I love to root for. She is smart and kind, strong and open-minded. She might have been scared after first finding out what Ronin participated in, but the way she reacted was due to his actions and how he showed her. Given time to research and make up her mind, she really opened herself up and allowed herself to take a chance. I loved how she was able to give herself over to Ronin, while remaining the smart and sassy woman who stood up to him when no one else did. Amery and Ronin had an undeniable connection and attraction to each other. They had so much sexual chemistry that you can almost literally feel the tension and steam as you read. These two absolutely ignited when around each other, and were hotter than almost any book couple I've ever read about.

Overall, this book was fantastic. Lorelei James has written another masterpiece, and continues show that she is worth the auto-buy every time. I love reading her sexy cowboys and all about ranch life, but I loved being immersed in Ronin's world and martial arts. When I first went into this series, I thought that it was going to be like the rest of hers and Amery and Ronin's story would only be the first book. So I was pretty shocked when I got to the end and was left without a resolution. Luckily, we only have to wait until the end of March to get the conclusion to their story when Unwound releases. Amery and Ronin are deep and interesting, and they leave you wondering what will happen next. I cannot tell you how much I need their book now. These two characters will without a doubt be on my mind until I get more of them. I highly recommend this book to fans of erotica and those that are looking for steamy hot scenes that will leave you reaching for a glass of ice water. In case you are on the fence about this one, I will tell you that this book is not your typical BDSM book. This book is more about bondage and the beauty of rope work and the pleasure that can come from that, rather than Domination, submission and punishment. This story is beautiful and complex, and is definitely worth taking a chance on.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment