in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 29, 2014

ARC Review: Being Sawyer Knight by Nicola Haken


Being Sawyer Knight is the first book in Nicola Haken's Souls of the Knight series. I was really excited when I read that this was not only a rockstar male male story, but that it was also a friends to lovers story. This book was really good, and it definitely delivered on everything I had been hoping for. I can't wait to read the next book in this series and to see more from Nicola Haken.

Sawyer Knight and Jake Reed were childhood best friends until the day that Jake's parents moved to Australia and Jake finally gave in and kissed Sawyer. He had been in love with him since they were 14 and figured he had nothing to lose. Sawyer was scared by how much he felt in that kiss and did the only thing he could think of, push Jake away and tell him to never contact him again. Now 10 years later, Sawyer is the famous lead singer of the Souls of the Knight band, and although he has everything he could ask for he is lonely. When Sawyer's band needs a new head of security, he is surprised to find out that none other than Jake Reed has been selected for the job. Although it's been years, the attraction and connection is still there between them. Sawyer is drawn to Jake, but he will do anything to keep things between them friendly. Jake isn't willing to let Sawyer go again without a fight though. Can Jake and Sawyer have a chance at a future together, or will there be too many obstacles in the way?

I really liked both Sawyer and Jake. Jake was so easy to like, and I loved his personality. He was so comfortable with who he was and wasn't afraid to go after what he wanted. He was smart and successful and super sexy. He was so sweet and patient with Sawyer and he was really supportive of him. I loved how close he was with his family and how protective he was with Sawyer and the band. Sawyer was sweet also and I loved his relationship with Elle. She was always there for him and encouraged Sawyer to be himself and to be happy. It was great to see him have that support from Elle as well as Jake. I thought that Sawyer was really great with Jake, and it was good to see him start to realize that his feelings were nothing to be ashamed of. I felt so bad for him because he came from a family that was so judgmental and his mom was so close-minded. He really struggled with being himself because he had been taught to think that everything he felt and who he was was somehow wrong. I was glad that Jake stuck with it though and was there for him through everything. Sawyer and Jake had great chemistry together, but their relationship was so much more than that because they had been so close for so long. Even though they were apart for years, their relationship hadn't changed much, and they still knew each other better than anyone else.

Overall, I thought that this was a great start to the series and I loved both Jake and Sawyer. I also really liked the secondary characters as well, and I especially liked Ryder. He was great and I loved that he was also able to help Sawyer figure things out. Sometimes its easier to talk about things with someone who doesn't know you as well and is more objective and that was exactly who Ryder was for Sawyer. I thought that Ryder was such an interesting character, and I am really looking forward to reading his book next. I do think that while this book was really enjoyable and was a great romance story, that it was a little predictable. There wasn't really anything new here, but that didn't really bother me much. I would definitely recommend to fans of male male romance or anyone looking for a sexy friends to lovers rockstar story. I can't wait to read the next book in the series and I look forward to reading more from Nicola Haken in the future.

**ARC Provided by Book Enthusiast Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |





1 comments :

  1. Thank you so much <3 Amazing review and I'm so happy you enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete