in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, June 14, 2014

ARC Review: Missionary Position by Daisy Prescott


Missionary Position by Daisy Prescott was one of the best books I have read in awhile. I blazed through this one because I loved it so much, and then was sad once I had finished that I didn't pace myself better. This book was so good though, and I loved everything about it. It was funny and witty, but sexy and sweet. This one had it all, and I cannot wait to read more from Daisy Prescott after finishing this one. This one is definitely a must read.

Selah is an art history professor that specializes in the female form, and on the side she writes pirate erotica. She leaves Oregon to head to Africa where she will study sculptures for six months. On her way to Africa with a stopover in Amsterdam ahead, she meets Anita and immediately they hit it off. Anita tells her that while she is in Amsterdam she should meet up with her brother Gerhard. Selah makes plans to meet up with him after they both attend a work function. She meets a sexy stranger at the museum while working and then heads to the hotel bar where she is to meet Gerhard. When Gerhard shows up he is no other than the sexy stranger she had just met. They get along well and there is attraction between them, but with Selah leaving soon they keep things friendly. Selah heads to Africa, but continues to talk and text Gerhard. Things are complicated for Selah and Gerhard, and Selah isn't one for love. But things get even more complicated when Selah is introduced to the man Kai that her new friends in Africa have told her about. Selah quickly finds herself in a situation unlike any she has been before. Can she open herself to the possibility of love and a future that has love and not just sex?

I really loved the characters in this story. I thought that Selah was great. She was smart and funny, witty and open. She was comfortable with herself, and I loved that she was able to be who she was and be happy with that. She wasn't afraid of adventure and she was easy to like and relate to. I also loved Gerhard and Kai. Gerhard was so sexy in his suits and professional wear, and I loved the exchanges between him and Selah. He was just as quick witted as Selah and I loved their banter. Kai was adventurous and fun loving and brought out this whole other side to Selah. He was so passionate and sexy. He had learned from his past and was doing what he felt strongly about. I thought that the connection Selah was forming with him was so strong and believable, and the the chemistry was amazing. I loved watching them figure everything out and fall in love. Their relationship was so real because you could see that even though they loved each other, life has a way of making things complicated and sometimes there are obstacles that we have to face that can make or break a relationship.

I wish I could say more about this book, but honestly I do not want to ruin the twists and turns. Trust me, this one needs to be read without knowing what happens. There is so much that I never expected, and I absolutely loved the way that Daisy Prescott had everything play out. This story was so well written and I loved Daisy's writing style. I was instantly sucked in and with each new development I just fell that much more in love with the characters and their story. This is one of those books that will stick with me and that I will go back an read when I want a great story to just lose myself in. This is a must read for contemporary fans looking for a light and sexy romance with humor and witty banter. I look forward to reading more from Daisy Prescott in the future.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment