in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

ARC Review: Burning Through Gravity by Addison Moore


I have to admit that what originally drew me to Burning Through Gravity was the blurb. It had just enough info to intrigue me, but at the same time was completely vague. I knew I had to read it, and I figured that this one would really be different from what I had read recently. While I will say that this one was different and not like anything I had read before, it left me with a lot of mixed feelings. I will say that I was interested the whole time and had to see how things would play out. But honestly, this one was really confusing and I had some major issues with the story.

When Stevie and Ford meet each other, both have secrets that they keep hidden from one another. What starts as a single night together ends up turning into a few great weeks. Stevie and Ford end up agreeing to continue to stay in touch but with her about to go back to school and begin her internship, and Ford's job they will be much busier. Stevie finds out that she has been reassigned from her father's company Merlin to his top competitor Jinx. But when Stevie shows up for her new job at Jinx, she quickly learns that the owner Crawford Cannon is actually Ford. With both of them now working together as well as the secrets they both still are keeping, is it possible for them to continue with anything between them or will they both end up heartbroken and in ruin?

Stevie and Ford had their moments for me. I really believe that almost every single problem in this book was due to their lies and miscommunication. They would have been able to solve so much with a few honest conversations. Ford was great with Stevie for the most part, but he did have a few moments that made me question his feelings. I don't care if the person you are wanting to be with says you need to date your ex to prove that you are over them, I would have put my foot down and refused. The fact that he went along with it initially and continued to do so for the majority of the book just made me dislike him at times. And then he turned it around to try and make her jealous which took it even further. I didn't like it, and it got old really quickly. Not to mention said ex was a total psycho. He never should have done it. Then Stevie gets jealous and doesn't like how he is acting. She starts believing that he is getting back with his ex. Honestly she had no one to blame but herself, and I didn't have much sympathy for her. I did think that Stevie and Ford had chemistry and seemed to have a connection, which is why it was so bizarre how they were handling things. 

My main issue with this book was that it was so over the top all the time. There was so much going on, and it got really confusing. It was like the author just decided to through every possible storyline at the wall to see which would stick. I won't even begin to go into everything as it would spoil the entire book, but honestly it was too much. I think that this could have been a really great story if only Addison Moore had focused on a few of these things and forgot the rest. I was interested enough from the blurb and the beginning of the story without adding in all the extra drama and bs. It just didn't work for me and was distracting and disappointing. I felt like we really lost sight of the relationship developing between Stevie and Ford because of it all, and it really ruined things for me. If it wasn't for the fact that I had to know how things played out and that it was well written, I would have given up and stopped reading. But I really was curious with everything going on how everything would shake out. I honestly don't know if I would read the next book or even recommend this story. To me it was really confusing and unless you are wanting a story with every possible twist or obstacle thrown in then this one probably isn't for you. I will say that I was curious about Ford's brother Carter and Stevie's sister Aspen and what had happened between them. For that reason alone I might end up reading the next book in the series since it is about them. Maybe this book just wasn't for me or I just didn't get it, but I was disappointed.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment