in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 27, 2014

ARC Review: Owning Violet by Monica Murphy


Owning Violet is the first book in the Fowler Sisters Series by Monica Murphy, and I really loved this book. I thought that it was sexy and intriguing and I couldn't put it down. Monica Murphy did a fantastic job with this story, and the chemistry between these two was amazing. This is definitely one of my favorites that I have read by Monica Murphy.

Violet Fowler is the middle Fowler sister, and she has spent her life doing what is expected of her. She knew that one day she would run Fleur Cosmetics with her "perfect" boyfriend Zachary. But the night she thinks that he is going to propose, he lets her know that he has accepted a promotion taking him out of the country. As Violet and Zachary grow further apart, she begins to get closer to the one man that Zachary has always hated, Ryder McKay. Soon Violet and Zachary have broken up, and Violet and Ryder are engaged in a passionate affair. But there is so much that Violet doesn't know about Ryder and for once in her life she doesn't care.

I couldn't stand Zachary. He was annoying and selfish, clearly only thinking of himself and what would get him laid. He constantly cheated on Violet and I couldn't wait for her to be rid of him. Violet knew about all of his indiscretions, and that bothered me. She refused to do anything for so long thinking that he would eventually change. Luckily though, she pretty quickly developed a back bone and starting making changes to her life. She was so much more than anyone expected, and I loved seeing her come to life. Ryder brought out so many different sides to her and I loved seeing her embrace the woman underneath it all. Ryder was beyond sexy. He was passionate and dirty, and I loved it! But he was also so much more than that. He was smart and determined, and I loved his relationship with Violet. As much as he tried to not let her in, he couldn't help it and I really enjoyed seeing him fall for her.

Overall, this book was really great. It was full of sexy and steamy times, and the chemistry between Violet and Ryder was absolutely scorching. I will say that the reason this wasn't a five star read for me though was because I felt like while the sex and passion was very enjoyable and written well, I wanted to see more of a softer side with these two. We got plenty of heat, but I wanted to see more of them falling for one another and interacting in a more emotional manner. I still think this book was great though, and I am really looking forward to getting to know Lily and Rose better as the series continues. I absolutely hated Pilar, and I really hope that she gets what is coming to her. I would definitely recommend this book, especially if you are looking for something with some heat to it!

**ARC Provided by Random House Publishing Group-Bantem Dell**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment