in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 20, 2015

ARC Review: Ember by Rachel Van Dyken


Wow. I honestly don't know how Rachel Van Dyken manages to top herself every single time, but with each new book in the Eagle Elite series I find myself falling in love with these characters over and over again. Just when I think there is no way that she will be able to make me love a book as much as the previous ones, she goes and proves me wrong. I will admit there was a lot of trepidation going into this story with Phoenix as the hero, but Phoenix proved that he was worthy of a second chance and love. Rachel Van Dyken has solidified herself as one of my favorite authors, and I honestly cannot recommend this series enough. If you haven't started this one, you definitely should give it a chance just make sure you start at the beginning. 

Phoenix De Lange is used to a life of death and destruction. He has a past filled with pain and yet he has managed to survive. Having betrayed and hurt the only family that ever accepted him, he is now on a path to redemption for the wrongs he committed. But when he is tasked with playing bodyguard to the Cappo's sister, everything suddenly changes. Phoenix does his best to push Bee away, and yet she refuses to give up on him. He is the only friend she has ever known and even though she knows everything he has done, she is able to see beyond it. Bee is determined to show Phoenix that he is worthy of more, but will he be able to survive long enough to have a future with her? 

Phoenix is one of those characters that you love to hate, but you always hope that they will come around. He had done some truly awful things before, and yet I never thought that he was beyond redemption. I always believed that there was more to him, and the more that was revealed about his childhood and family the more I saw to him. There were so many things that he had done, and yet I really believe that it wasn't truly his fault for all of it. I was glad that he was able to get some peace and happiness finally, and it was good to see him have someone that stuck by his side. He needed a strong woman that wouldn't ever give up, and he found that and more with Bee. She was able to show him that he deserved it, and that she wouldn't allow him to continue with the way he had been living. Bee was strong and smart, and I was glad that she was so relentless. She did what she wanted and was able to challenge and support Phoenix like no one else could. These two were great together, and it was fun to see them circle around one another before finally giving in to their feelings. I loved the tension and chemistry between them, but I also loved the connection that they had formed. 

Overall, this was another fantastic addition to this series. I have to say that this is definitely one of my all time favorites ever, and I have never been disappointed with a book in this series. It is one that I love each and every book and I love the characters as well. They are unique and complicated, and I love the depth that each of them has! Every single time I think I know the direction this series is going in, Rachel twists things around and surprises me. This series has held my interest from the very first word, and I am always left satisfied yet wanting more. I cannot wait for more from Rachel Van Dyken and this series. I highly recommend this series and if you haven't read anything from Rachel Van Dyken you are seriously missing out.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment