in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 24, 2015

ARC Review: Capture by Rachel Van Dyken


Capture is the first book in the Seaside Pictures series from Rachel Van Dyken. This book is a standalone story with no cliffhanger, and if you have read the Seaside series by her you will notice some familiar faces here. I am a huge fan of Rachel's, but her Seaside series is one that I haven't read yet. I thought that she did a great job of introducing those characters here without making the reader feel as though they were missing something by not having read the other series. I am definitely going to be reading it in the future though after reading this book and liking them all so much!

After losing her parents in a car accident that she blames herself for, Dani lost the ability to speak. Though she has a lot to be thankful for including her sister and best friends, she still feels responsible for her parents dying. But when she gets a job working for Hollywood's newest heartthrob Lincoln Greene, she begins to wonder if she has a chance to turn her summer job with Lincoln into something more.

I really liked these two. Lincoln treated her differently that she was used to, and I liked that he accepted her for who she was. He didn't use kid gloves with her, and I think that was exactly what she needed. He was charming and sexy, and impossible not to fall in love with. Dani was sassy and fun, and she also had a really sweet side to her. These two were so much fun to read about, and their chemistry was strong right from the start. I enjoyed seeing Lincoln be vulnerable with her, while supporting her as well. Lincoln and Dani definitely connected on every level, and I couldn't get enough of them.

Overall, this was a really great story. It was everything I have come to know and love from RVD. Capture was sweet and funny, while also being sexy and emotional. Rachel Van Dyken always draws you right in with her unique characters and great stories, and this is definitely one of my favorites of hers. It is impossible to pick an absolute favorite from her, because I really think that you can't go wrong with one of her books. She never disappoints, and I always know that each book of hers is going to be a good one. I highly recommend checking this one out if you haven't already, as I think that this is one that most romance fans will be able to connect to and enjoy. I can't wait to get more from Rachel in the future, and I am looking forward to reading more in this series as it continues. I also really love the fact that the cover is actually a picture of Rachel and her husband! I am huge on covers, and the fact that she used a picture of them together is just something that makes this book that much better to me!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment