in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, August 29, 2015

ARC Review: Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines


I really loved Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines. This is one of my favorite books that I have ever read by her, and that is really saying something since I love Rush so much! But there was just something about West and Maggie's story that really spoke to me, and I absolutely loved West's group of friends. I cannot wait for more in this series, and if it continues the way this one started then this could end up being my favorite series yet from Abbi! 

After her father murdered her mother, Maggie's world was forever changed. She shut down to protect herself and hasn't spoken a word since. Now two years later, she arrives in Lawton, Alabama to live with her aunt, uncle and cousin. Though they mean well, they don't understand what she has been through at all. But when Maggie meets the hottest guy in school at a field party she is forced to attend, she finds that West is also experiencing a pain that no one else can understand. When West opens up to her knowing that she won't tell anyone what he is going through, he never expects her to respond. Soon they are closer than ever and their connection continues to grow. Though no one understands what they share, West and Maggie find themselves able to finally forget about the pain as long as they have each other. 

I really loved West and Maggie. These two were so great together. Though I was wondering at the beginning of this book if I would even like West, he quickly won me over. His bark was way worse than his bite, and in his head he was just trying to find a way to cope. He was also trying to protect Maggie from getting close to him in the only way he knew how. But I loved that Maggie was able to see beyond that facade and reach him in a way that no one else could. He didn't have to say anything for her to see that he was in just as much pain as she was. Their connection was strong and natural, and it was one that just continued to intensify the more they got to know one another. I honestly couldn't get enough of these two and I loved that they were able to be friends who confided in one another and it grew to be more.

Honestly this is one of the best books I have ever read from Abbi, but I know that some people will have some issues with it. For me, this story was more about the experience and the feelings that it brought out in me rather than the plot or all the details of the secondary characters etc. This book was about strength and love, growth and healing. I felt everything, and I was invested in this book from the first page. I couldn't put it down, and I devoured every single word. I did notice that besides the adults in the story, Maggie was the only female that seemed to have any redeeming qualities. I also noticed that West, as well as the other guys they were friends with, used girls and didn't think twice. But I really didn't focus on that, because to me that wasn't even close to the point of this book or what I was feeling as I read it. So while I can see where others will have problems with those things, for me this was Maggie and West's story and was about the journey that each of them had to go separately and together and that part to me was perfection. I loved this book and I loved Maggie and West, but I am also really excited to get to know some of the other guys here as well! I really enjoyed seeing the friendship they all shared, and I can't wait to see what happens for them as this series unfolds. I highly recommend this book for Abbi fans, as well as anyone looking for a good new adult story. This one brought out all the feels, and I think a lot of readers will fall in love with these characters just like I did.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment