in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

ARC Review: Illusive by Nina Levine


Let me just start by saying, I love MC romance. If you haven’t tried it and you like dirty talking, alpha bad boys with criminal tendencies, you really should try some MC books. Illusive is the 6th book in the Storm series and it is marked as a standalone. However, I have not read all of the other books in the series and I found myself tying to play a little bit of catch up sometimes. There are a lot of issues in the club that are being played out in this book and honestly I just felt one step behind the polka half the time because I didn’t know what was going on. I think you can read this book as a standalone, but I would recommend you read the other books in the series first. If you plan to read the other books in the series anyway, I think this one probably spoils some of the stuff that happens in earlier stories. So do yourself a favor, read in order this time.

Illlusive is Griff and Sophia’s story. Griff is the VP of the Storm MC and Sophia is the neighbor of his surrogate mother. As the book opens, I figured out that the Storm MC was struggling with some internal traitors. Griff is personally dealing with some issues from his past which I won’t spoil for you. I can tell you that Griff’s Storm brothers don’t know about his past and Griff is willing to go to some truly criminal lengths to maintain their ignorance. There is a fair amount of plot line devoted to Griff’s struggle to maintain his present and deal with his past. Sophia is ok…I like that she kind of says whatever is in her head, sometimes without even coming up for air. Sophia’s past of neglect and abandonment give her character some interesting layers and help to explain her aversion to “hooking up.” I guess my only issue with Sophia is that I would have liked for her to make her attraction to Griff a little less obvious. She wasn’t actively pursuing him, but the whole calling him “handsome” as a nickname just didn’t appeal to me when he was pretty much ignoring her.

Yes, Griff is a brooding alpha type who is extremely economic with his use of the English language- So he doesn’t talk a lot. But I liked that. I liked Griff’s introspection and the reasons for his brooding were logical. When Sophia and Griff finally get together, it’s a good match with great sex. I enjoyed the relationship between the two but I wish it had taken up more of the plot line. My problem with this book is that there were a lot of page spent on “club business” and the stuff from Griff’s background. I have to be honest, I had moments where I was kind of bored because that just isn’t what I was reading the book for. At the end of the day, I would say this is a decent book with decent writing. It gets off to a really slow start but picks up in the middle. There is a great romance in here somewhere but a lot of other stuff too.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment