in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

ARC Review: Traded by Rebecca Brooke


Wow this book was so good! Traded is my first book from Rebecca Brooke, but I have a feeling it will be the first of many. She drew me right into this story and I could not put it down! I have read some books with a similar premise to this before, but Traded was different and unique. I will warn readers that if you have any triggers relating to abuse, you might want to consider that before starting Traded. But I would highly recommend this book and ultimately this book is full of hope and healing.
  
Elena married her high school sweetheart Dominic, and she was determined to be the best wife she could be. No matter what she did though, Dominic never found it to be good enough. Elena just tried to work harder though to make up for all that she didn't seem to get right. But when Dominic trades her to a loan shark in trade for a large debt he owes, Elena is terrified of what awaits her for the next three months she is to spend with Ashton. Ashton can't believe how Dominic treats Elena, and he is determined to use the next three months to show her the life she deserves. He knows that there is a strong woman beneath the surface, but is three months enough time to help Elena find it after all the damage that Dominic has caused? 

Elena had been beaten down and brainwashed to the point that she believed she wasn't pretty and that everything she did was wrong. She didn't make any choices for herself and she thought that by allowing her husband to dictate everything in her life that she was performing her wifely duties. It was so sad to see someone truly believe those things, and it was even more heartbreaking to realize that there are so many women out there that are just like Elena in real life. But Elena was beautiful and strong, and I absolutely loved seeing her begin to come back from the years of damage that she had endured. Ashton was alpha and demanding, and beyond sexy. But the thing that I loved most about him is what a great guy he was and how gently he treated Elena. He set about showing her what a real man treats women like and how she deserved to live her life. Though he was intimidating as a loan shark and how he did business, he also was more than just that. I loved the chemistry between these two, and enjoyed seeing them fall for one another even more. 

Overall, this was a great story and I loved it from start to finish. Elena and Ashton had so much to come back from and though it was heartbreaking at times to see how Elena thought of herself, the moments that she started to show her true personality and stand up for herself were full of hope. She had so much healing to do, and it was great to see her journey back. This book is full of hope and love and healing, and the progress made from start to finish was inspiring. I couldn't put this book down, and I highly recommend it. I look forward to reading more from Rebecca Brooke in the future, and I am so glad that I took a chance on a new to me author here.

**ARC Provided by The Hype PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 







0 comments :

Post a Comment