in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 7, 2016

ARC Review: Lady Bridget's Diary by Maya Rodale


Maya Rodale can really tell a story! I was so excited to see “Lady Bridget’s Diary” and even more excited to see that it is a kick off to a series. If the rest of the books are as good as this one, we-her fans- have some great things to look forward to.

First, if you have not read Maya Rodale before-read her! She is such a creative storyteller. Although I have not loved all her stories I have definitely enjoyed them and I loved this story. Lady Bridget is loosely based off of Elizabeth Bennett. I love Pride and Prejudice and have read it so many times I can probably recite it by heart. We have our very own Lord Dary in this story that is based on the classical Fitzwilliam Darcy. Although Bridget is based on Elizabeth she is very uniquely her own character. Bridget is an American. She and her siblings are in London because her brother is the heir to one of the oldest and prestigious titles in London. Needless to say, none of the siblings are Ton material, but they are fantastically entertaining and I cannot wait to see how Rodale unravels their stories.

When Bridget and Darcy meet they have many of the same misconceptions that the classical characters have. I do have to say that although they are based on Pride and Prejudice both characters really are uniquely original. I loved the chemistry between Bridget and Darcy. I also loved that Bridget was far from the ideal “British” beauty, not only physically but also her personality. Bridget and Darcy share many funny and heartwarming scenes. I loved watching their story unfold and how they brought out the best and worst in each other. Rodale did something that I often find frustrating in other books- she managed to make the secondary characters as interesting at the hero and heroine and I liked them so much that I cannot wait to read their own stories. I see some brewing already for her brother and the governance not to mention Amelia and Alistair. I enjoyed every little scene these characters were in.

Once I started reading this story I was instantly in love with the story and the characters. I loved the adventures and the quirky traits of the “Americans” in London. I loved how Rodale added some very modern aspects to this story and I loved how she dealt with the issues. I’m already on the lookout for the next books to come. This was a sweet and exciting story with many funny twists and turns.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


4 comments :