in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

ARC Review: A Little Too Much by Lisa Desrochers


A Little Too Much is the second book in Lisa Desrocher's A Little Too Far Series. It is Alessandro and Hilary's story. If you have read A Little Too Far, then you know just how amazing Alessandro is. I have been anxiously awaiting his story since I finished A Little Too Far. I loved his character so much in that book, but I knew that Lexie belonged with Trent. If you haven't read this series yet, you are really missing out. This series is so good, and these books stay with you. I highly recommend that you start with A Little Too Far, but these can be read as standalones.

Hilary's life hasn't been an easy one, and each time that she gets rejected from another audition it seems that she will never achieve her dream of becoming a Broadway actress. Things appear to be looking up when her boyfriend Brent lands a big roll and agrees to help her by putting in a good word for her next audition. But one night when she gets home, she finds Alessandro waiting for her. Hilary never thought that she would see Alessandro or his brother Lorenzo after they left her eight years ago. At first Hilary wants nothing to do with Alessandro, but soon she finds that she can't stay away from him. As they begin to get reacquainted with each other, they realize that not a lot has changed in the eight years they have been apart. They still have the connection and easy friendship they did before. As their feelings start to grow for each other, they both try to fight it. Hilary still has a boyfriend and she also has secrets from her past that she never wants Alessandro to find out. Alessandro carries guilt for the way that he and his brother treated many people including Hilary. What happens when the truth about the past comes out? Will Hilary and Alessandro find a way to move forward together, or will there be too many obstacles standing in their way?

I love Alessandro. I really loved him in A Little Too Far and honestly thought it wasn't possible to love him any more. But Alessandro makes it impossible for you to not root for him and fall in love along the way. He is sweet and thoughtful, caring and supportive. Alessandro has a way of taking care of those around him and putting others first. He is a really good guy and had been through so much. Alessandro was feeling so much guilt about his past and it really affected who he was. I loved watching him start to move forward with Hilary's help. Hilary was a survivor. She was strong and determined, and I thought that she was really perfect for Alessandro. Not only did they have a history, but she really was able to get through to Alessandro and help him leave the past behind. Things weren't always easy for them, but they always came back to each other and worked through whatever life threw at them. Hilary and Alessandro had an undeniable connection that time and distance couldn't erase. I loved how strong they felt for each other and their chemistry was off the charts. They had so much attraction and sexual tension that it was so clear they belonged together.

Overall, I really liked this book. I thought that it was a great follow up to book one and I really enjoyed getting to know Alessandro better and also Hilary. I wish that we would have been given a little more insight when it came to Alessandro's character though. I think it would have been nice to get Alessandro's POV though. I would have loved to really get inside his head and see what all he was going through. I think that knowing a bit more about his thoughts and feelings would have strengthened the growing relationship between Hilary and Alessandro that much more. Even without that though, Alessandro and Hilary's story was enjoyable and emotional. I thought that they were meant to be and I loved reading about their second chance. There was a twist that I will admit I didn't see coming, and I really liked how the characters dealt with it. This series is one that I think fans of the New Adult genre absolutely must read. These books are well written, emotional and filled with amazing characters that you become instantly invested in. I can't wait to read more from Lisa Desrochers and see where she takes these characters in the future.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment