in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 28, 2014

ARC Review: Deep Surrendering Episode 1 by Chelsea M. Cameron


This is the first novella is the first part of Marisol and Fin's story. I was drawn in instantly and this episode was a really quick read. While there were a lot of things that I did like, I had mixed feelings about it. I will admit that I am very curious to see where things go though, and I am absolutely clueless as to what will happen from here. This one took me by complete surprise though and I am extremely anxious to get more of Fin and Marisol.

Marisol is set up with Fin by her friend Rory. Things get off to a great start, and they really seem to be having a great time. They have a good date and decide to spend more time together. But when things start to get physical, Fin instantly rushes out the door with no explanation. Just when Marisol thinks that things between them are over before they really began, Fin turns up asking for more time together. Fin doesn't explain what is going on, but instead gives just enough information to Marisol to have her worrying about what he is hiding. Fin and Marisol are drawn to each other though and they keep ending up together. After Fin's rushing off a few times though he apologizes and tells Marisol that he can't explain everything yet but that he needs to be in control of the situation. Marisol agrees to take another chance with Fin as the chemistry between them is more than they can fight. But what will happen when Fin goes back on everything again, and does exactly what he said he wouldn't do?

I am really torn about Fin's character. It is clear that he is conflicted and that there is more to him than meets the eye. Since this episode was so brief, we as readers have really only scratched the surface with the characters. Fin did make some veiled remarks about his darker side, but for the most part he is still a mystery. I really didn't like that he was constantly running so hot and cold. He was almost bipolar, and I really didn't understand what his deal was. He would be so sweet and thoughtful one minute and then absolutely cold and distant the next. It was really confusing. Marisol was sweet and far more forgiving than I would have been. I get that she was really attracted to Fin and felt a connection to him, but I didn't understand how she could just keep letting him get away with his crazy behavior. She was a bit of a doormat in this episode and that was hard for me to get behind or relate to. I loved her friendship with Chloe though, and I also really enjoyed how she would just say what was on her mind. I loved that she was able to be so honest with Fin about what she was thinking or feeling. I am curious to see what is going on with her though, because there is clearly a lot more about her that we don't know yet. I thought that Fin and Marisol had good chemistry, but I wish that it wouldn't have been doused so quickly every time that they got even close to doing something. Their physical interactions were steamy but extremely brief before Fin would freak out and ruin everything.

Overall, I am really curious to see where this goes. I will admit that this one gave me a bit of whiplash. I really don't know what to think about Fin and Marisol. At this point I am definitely intrigued with the two of them and I am committed to seeing how things play out. But in all honesty, I wish that this wasn't a serial. I feel like for some readers the push and pull will be too much for them to get past and that it will cause some to lose interest. I am hoping that we will really start to dig deeper into both of these characters with the next episode and that things will start to become more clear. I feel like the relationship that is beginning between Marisol and Fin will be interesting and believable as long as they both start opening up a bit to each other. I really enjoy Chelsea M. Cameron's writing style though, and even though I had mixed feelings about how this story is starting I couldn't put this one down. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment to see where Fin and Marisol will go next and what will happen to them. I would recommend this story if you are a fan of serials and are able to get past cliffhangers. This one definitely leaves you hanging and wanting more.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N |




0 comments :

Post a Comment